+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK tanking t10 bonuses

DK tanking t10 bonuses

Simply put. Is it worth it to get the t10 bonuses for a DK tank.
    Should i be using my emblems on the other gear such as the chest, trinket, back, etc. , or should i be getting the t10 gear for the bonus?

I personally won't be going for the tier pieces till about the time the Lich King becomes available.

The 4pc T10 will be apart of my Avoidance set, and my Armor gear will be part of my EH set

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    I personally won't be going for the tier pieces till about the time the Lich King becomes available.

The 4pc T10 will be apart of my Avoidance set, and my Armor gear will be part of my EH set
    My feelings exactly. I don't see the t10 set as "worthless," but it certainly isn't part of the longer list of badge vendor gear to purchase in the immidiate future.

The tradeoff between t10 and non-set gear at ilvl264 is a lot of armor (3k-ish) and stam (72) for a cooldown that is bound to blood tap (which most dk's have bound either to secondary cooldowns or in their threat rotation).

As you run the tier set to ilvl277 you see a little closer gap in stam (though the armor gap remains in the high 2k range), but the offset gear still offers more sockets, and the set bonus at 4p retains the same issue.

There may well be a hardmode or two that calls for avoidance and another tertiary cooldown over raw stam and armor, we'll know for sure in the months to come. Right now I'd suggest badge gloves, belt, cape, chest prior to any t10 purchase.

mm any order for the emblem items?

Quote Originally Posted by sillypuddy View Post
    Whichever one gains you more stam and armor. The chest and gloves worked out to be the biggest upgrades to my gear, but it depends entirely on what you're currently wearing.

I'd stick with badge gear for a while. The 251 gear is hardly worth the upgrades for the stats alone and adding in the two-piece bonus doesn't make it any better. I agree that blood tap is something most people have in their threat rotation or bound to secondary cooldowns as I use my blood tap for both purposes. That being said, the four-piece bonus isn't something I'm all excited about either. Getting into 277 gear you'll find the stats start to make up for it but the belt, chest, gloves and backpiece from badges are currently worth a lot more in tanking stats' weight than anything you'll get from 251 T10 gear.

mm sounds good so stam and armor for badge items first?

I am currently running with two pieces of Tier10 and a Anti-Magic/AoE Unholy spec (DnD glyph, AMZ etc) and i must say that its simply amazing for trash in Icecrown Citadel. There is A LOT of trash before Festergut/Rotface where the setbonus will shine. Add-tanking (portals) during Gunship Battle became very easy compared to tanking it with my normal Blood-spec and without setbonus.

Also, chain pulling big packs (and keeping nice AoE-threat) in heroics became easy cake.

Pure win so far. I am really happy that i decided to go with 2-setbonus.

i would agree the 2 set is pure win on aoe.
    452 avg non crits with a max of 632 and 901 avg crits with a max 1154 crit in heroic AN this morning in my daily random. non glyphed and being speced blood.

I still would like to see a side by side comparisen, since we really only need to pass on two of the main slots(gloves,chest,legs). On top of the high amounts of swiching going on in current content(sarfang,festergut), personly I wouldn't mind giving up bloodtap for threat for a pretty short cooldown.

but the belt, chest, gloves and backpiece from badges are currently worth a lot more in tanking stats' weight than anything you'll get from 251 T10 gear.
    Welll that's not entirely fair since the badge gear is 264. Of course it'll be better. =)

Quote Originally Posted by sillypuddy View Post
    Cloak was my first purchase - got rid of my Naxx Shadowed Sun (or whatever it was called, I've blocked it from my mind; in fact as soon as I got rid of it, I DE'd it then shattered the abyss crystal) and next will be the belt. Those are the two biggest upgrades for me.

Cloak was my first purchase too.
    I had the cloak from one of the new ICC instances, which had replaced my valor cloak.

+ Reply to Thread