+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Monarch Crab

The Monarch Crab

Hey I've just finished leveling jewelcrafting on my relatively new tank and I was wondering how good the monarch crab still is. Right now my current trinkets are The Black Heart (which I wear all the time), Glyph of Indom (which I wear most of the time) and Essence of Gossamer which I switch out on occasion that the first has a lot of magic damage (mainly for twins in reg toc).

In the near future I might be able to get my self into a ToC25 reg and snag a jugs vit but that is about it. No one is really doing Uld anymore.

I have what you have trinket-wise and dont use the Crab anymore at all. Just not the situational usefulness of yesteryear.

Thanks for the reply. Yea ill probably jsut try and ge ta jugs vit.

In terms of EH the Black Heart proc is worth around 96 stamina because its proc which is 7056 armor has an uptime around 15% making it a clear favorite since all the Monarch Crab has on it is an average on use. The Glyph of Indom's armor is worth around 40 stamina more and it has a much better on use so it is clearly better.

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    In terms of EH the Black Heart proc is worth around 96 stamina because its proc which is 7056 armor has an uptime around 15% making it a clear favorite since all the Monarch Crab has on it is an average on use. The Glyph of Indom's armor is worth around 40 stamina more and it has a much better on use so it is clearly better.
    Can you give us the math behind those numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

A rough stamina to armor ratio is 1 stamina = 11 armor, so for the Black Heart part of the post 7,056 times .15 is 1,058 / 11 = approximently 96 stamina. Using this same ratio for the Black Heart 1792 / 11 if you round is 163 stamina. Obviously these numbers aren't going to be the same for every gear set but it shouldn't vary all of that much.

It's not used so much anymore. The Black Heart from ToC5 pretty much killed it, as far as low level Stam trinkets go.
    Plus the Frost Emblems trinket contains 226Stam and only costs 60 badges(2 weeks of dailies, weekly quests and doing ICC)
    The Ashbringer...

Thanks for the replies guys. Maybe ill just make one and throw in some 24 stams for a lfg set >.>

+ Reply to Thread