+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm ready for Heroics right?

I'm ready for Heroics right?

First here is a link to my armory. I just got the clutch.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I have done 6 heroics so far and have only had two wipes. I think I am doing pretty good. I got my Def to 546, 23k Hp and 23k armor. The dungeonfinder lets me do heroics and I have completed them fairly well IMO. I ask after every group "How hard was I to heal" "How did I do"
    I haven't gotten a bad response.

Now with that said here is my problem. It happened in my last PUG. I had one healer tell me he wouldn't heal me. Then I had another healer tell me "It's rude to tank with such weak gear!!" And he quit.

Are they being elitist jerks or do they have a point? And if they have a point how to you suggest I go about correcting it if I can't do heroics? I used polars pre-naxx guide and I think I did a good job.

Your help is apreciated.

Well, your gear is adequate for the easier heroics and as you said, there shouldn't occur much problems.
    Many people using the dungeonfinder expect a quick run to get the 2 frost emblems and therefore they want a overgeared tank.
    What you can do? If you have the gold, you could buy the craftables. Apart from that you have to continue unsing the tool and improve your gear by the badged. Once you hit 30k hp unbuffed you shouldn't have any further problems with leaving healer etc.

You're ready for heroics, but there are a few items you could farm from regular content that would help you quite a bit. Black Heart and a few others from normal TOC should be easy to farm and give you a nice boost in health, etc.

Good luck!

Well you did H-HoL, which I'd consider one of the hardest heroics pre-icecrown. That's respectable.

As a DK getting DR early on is tough for you, so make it easy. The Titansteel healm and boots, while lacking in other stats, are stupidly high in DR and STA. That's a good start. It will also allow you to gt rid of that Seal of the Pantheon. At which point I'd suggest Essence of Gossamer (H-AN, Hadronox) or The Black Heart (H-ToC, The Black Knight)

Another good idea would be as others have said to run regular ToC. There's quite a few nice upgrades there as well.

Your gears not bad to start and you've got your priorities straight stat wise from what I can see. Just keep working on it and you'll be geared in no time!

EDIT: Oh and take some time to max mining and JC. The JC tanking trinket/rings/neck aren't bad if you have no better alternatives. And being able to make Dragon's Eyes for yourself will be a real big help.

So I take it I should go back to reg toc for a bit and get the black heart at least?

Should I stop doing heroics for a bit then?

Hate to be a total noob, but does DR stand for Damage Reduction? That is my best guess.

I will go after that black heart tho

Defense rating. My bad. Acronyms fly around a lot in here.

Reg ToC is on par with, if not slightly tougher than, most of the starting heroics. But gives FAR better rewards.

+ Reply to Thread