+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanks and Strength/Hit/Expertise

Tanks and Strength/Hit/Expertise

Should a (warrior) tank ever gem for Strength?
    At what point is enough stamina enough?
    Does gemming Strength even make that much of a difference?

Where is the expertise on the new gear?
    What is the best way to fill that gap?

Really how important is hit? I think it has become kind of fight specific, but maybe I am wrong.

Finally, how does diminishing returns work on dodge and parry? Is it only after you hit 30%, or is it all the time?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aberen View Post

Really how important is hit? I think it has become kind of fight specific, but maybe I am wrong.

Finally, how does diminishing returns work on dodge and parry? Is it only after you hit 30%, or is it all the time?

Thanks
    No, never gem strength. Expertise is your threat stat for red sockets (use expertise/stamina gems for it).

There are a few expertise pieces, but it's true that there is less of it than before. All the more reason to gem it, especially if you drop below the dodge cap.

Hit rating is not terribly important. You can't really cap your "spells" (taunt, demo shout etc.) with it without sacrificing far too much. And as for basic threat generation, it is only half as good as expertise below the dodge cap. After the dodge cap, expertise still tends to win because it reduces parry haste.

Diminishing returns is different for dodge and parry; basically parry gets hit by it sooner, which is part of the reason dodge rating will usually be worth more than parry rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberen View Post

Thanks
    Actually you can get the expertise soft cap with only 2 pieces of gear.

Check out page 6 of this thread where I broke down the current expertise items: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...tml#post346671

With the amount of hit rating on ICC gear you will probably reach the melee cap without trying to hard, basically just take what you get for hit.

Finally no don't gem for STR.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thanks, answered all I needed

+ Reply to Thread