+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade ward not proc'ing?

Blade ward not proc'ing?

Didnt see another thread in relation.

I just recently replaced Blood Draining enchant with Blade ward for the avoidance proc. However, I havent seen it proc after multiple heroic randoms. I kept my character screen open the majority of the time to catch an eye on the proc and watched the buffs that were coming up, but no such luck. Im wondering if its being blocked because of my other gear, specifically my trinkets.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks in advance for any info into this,
    Thumbdriver

Interesting.

Logged out for some grub, finished, logged back in and the next heroic, procced crazily throughout the whole instance.

Not exactly sure...

Honestly I feel the proc rate on it is NOT worth it. I don't see enough uptime on it, or enough benefit from the parry gain, to be worthwhile. I'm going back to Blood Dranining as soon as I get another weapon, and just keep BW on an evasion set maybe.

Definitely a pretty crap enchant I've found. I prefer Blood Draining for survivability, and Mongoose for avoidance, which has massive uptime.

Remember, mongoose gives armor and crit as well! So overall, mongoose is still superior imo.

When those 2 enchants came out I've always heard Blade Ward to be superior, but has that changed? And if so what is the best of the tanking enchants?

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis_Omega View Post
    When those 2 enchants came out I've always heard Blade Ward to be superior, but has that changed? And if so what is the best of the tanking enchants?
    The uptime is actually class dependent. If you are a pally the uptime of mongoose will be much higher because of SoV and so mongoose is better than blade ward for pallies. However, for warriors the uptime of mongoose is pretty low, and blade ward ends up being more avoidance.

For EHP go with blood draining. I'd take blade ward over mongoose unless for threat.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I got Blade Ward as soon as it was available on my server, and about 1 week later put mongoose on instead. What a waste of gold. It nearly never procced, compared to the level 70 enchant which has a much higher uptime from what I've experienced. Not to mention as soon as you parry 1 attack the buff is gone. I think that will get even worse in Icecrown as your parry chance will more than likely outweigh dodge chance, even if dodge still comes first on the combat table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread