+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About these silly librams

About these silly librams

Under normal circumstances I follow along the lines of, if its a higher item level its probably an upgrade. But the ToC and ICC tanking librams leave me wondering a bit. They're both focused on dodge, which as we all know takes a huge hit in ICC.

So my question then is: are they really worth it? Theres a perfectly good shield block libram from Ulduar that seems like it might be a better choice.

Say it with me:

Chill of the Throne does NOT reduce the value of dodge.

Both of the dodge Librams are superior to the BV one. I personally will stick with my Triumph one until I get a higher rate of Frost income, as the upgrade is rather minimal and I'd rather get bigger upgrades first.

Even with all the emblems of frost I could want, the new libram is a situational upgrade. At full stack it's a marginal 17 dodge increase, and many fights might allow that stack to fall off requiring you to build up again. The build up time of the new libram will be a factor in some fights and not in others. At the moment the triumph dodge libram is best use of emblems for avoidance, and the ret version (str on SoV ticks) is best for threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    Even with all the emblems of frost I could want, the new libram is a situational upgrade.
    That line pretty much says it. A fight like Saurfang would be one reason the new libram is better than the Triumph. Not because of the slight increase in dodge, but the ability used to get that increase.

I still use the BV Libram regularly along with the Triumph Libram. To me, both still have their uses regardless if one is superior to the other.

+ Reply to Thread