+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "BiS" 5 Man Gear

"BiS" 5 Man Gear

Some of us don't have access to 10 / 25 mans. Would be nice to see a guide for BiS 5 man gear. Is there one somewhere?

Take a walk over to the badge vendors, friend.

Hehe. Yep. Im almost maxed out on the Triumph badage gears. I'm assuming there are some drops from heroics that i should still try to farm for, not sure which ones though.

Anything that drops in the ICC 5mans will more than likely be BiS for 5mans. Heroic ToC 5 would be next.

You can farm up frost emblems in 5 mans now (2 per day), so that would be best in slot. You can even go into ICC 10 to buy frost emblem gear without having to kill anything... so again, that would be best in slot. Other than that, the new heroics drop the highest ilvl gear.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    You can farm up frost emblems in 5 mans now (2 per day), so that would be best in slot. You can even go into ICC 10 to buy frost emblem gear without having to kill anything... so again, that would be best in slot. Other than that, the new heroics drop the highest ilvl gear.
    highest ilvl doesn't always equal BiS look at the boots I linked earlier
    also I think the op was asking about non-Frost Emblem gear, since you are looking at close to a month of "farming" to get that gear.

Strange thing is the DF NEVER (ive been there one time) seems to throw me in to ToC but i get the ICC dungeons all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackytucks View Post
    Strange thing is the DF NEVER (ive been there one time) seems to throw me in to ToC but i get the ICC dungeons all the time.
    You can still queue up for specific dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    highest ilvl doesn't always equal BiS look at the boots I linked earlier
    also I think the op was asking about non-Frost Emblem gear, since you are looking at close to a month of "farming" to get that gear.
    Really? But I thought ilvl meant best?!

All jokes aside, the frost gear is top notch compared to what you get with triumph. Sure it is hard to farm, just about as hard as raiding, fancy that?

The higher the ilvl, USUALLY the better stats. I can tell you that the ICC heroics and even H TotC 5 drop much better (stat-wise) gear than Naxx. I'm not talking about ilvl because I think a 232 is worse than a 251 either (quite the opposite when comparing stats usually *Black Heart trinket anyone?*), the stats on the frost gear and the ICC5 gear are very nice, and frost emblem gear are huge upgrades to just about every 232 triumph piece, so yes, bis is likely to be frost gear and if you can get what you need out of craftables from Ulduar/TotC and the new 5 mans.

The only thing I think you can overlook is that when you hit a certain gear level, you start to have to take off pieces of it to tank in 5-man content... they just stop hitting hard-enough.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Yeah it sucks for us tanks since some of our best tanking trinkets (outside of raids) are still only an ilevel of 200...

+ Reply to Thread