+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with improving Fury Damage

Help with improving Fury Damage

Hi Guys,

Been a lurker here for some time doing alot of reading and i am trying to improve my output and damage

First off here is my char -- The World of Warcraft Armory

Now as you can see i have stacked Str on all my gear i have contemplated about changing to Ap but i dont know if that would give me an overall dps boost?

note that i changed my spec slightly since armoury was updated to include 2/3 Precision due to my high hit rating.

I think my gear should be able to support Fury comfortably and on single targets i put out cica 4-4.5k and on trash cica 7

Rotation is BT >> WW >> Rage Dump (if > 50) >> BT >> Slam if proc or similar depending on interupt duties etc...

Just looking to generally get a few tips and help, my guild doesnt have any other dps Warriors so i have no one to bounce ideas off of. So any and all help is welcome!

Thanks all

Lintarra

whirlwind > BT in priority
    BT after that
    Slam! after that
    Globals after that (unless stacking sunders or putting up important debuffs for the first time)

I think by Ap you meant ArP or armor penetration, never stack AP (Attack power).

Personal armory inquiries normally belong in the HALP forum, I'll move it there and hope you get more info from others =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yeah I meant arp

I'm just looking at trying to improve more consistent dps and be a more relueable source of dps ^^

any help gratefully recieved!

I don't personally think your hit rating on gear is high enough to justify taking points out of precision, but if you're not finding yourself rage starved and have something else to put the talent points into it's probably ok.

I notice your crit seems rather low. I assume the armory doesnt show the extra crit from Berserker stance, so you're at about 33% crit chance. Lower crit chance means fewer flurry procs and less damage from your melee weapon swings, and also less rage. I'm sure there's a point where you reach enough crit that you're basically proccing flurry all the time but I'm not sure where that point is. You may see an increase by boosting your crit up some.

I also noticed you're a bit over the dodge cap for expertise. This isn't really bad but It wouldn't hurt you to drop some expertise rating, if you happen to get a new piece that has less expertise but more strength, for example.

First off, don't remove points from precision unless you are dual-wielding white hit capped, which is 740 something hit rating. White hits is damage and rage, removing those points from the talent lowers your overall damage by A LOT, and you aren't even soft hit capped (for yellow damage), so that's a must have.

Now talent wise, the Arms tree is correct, I personally prefer going improved charge + stance specialization because I generally start fights with charge for a free initial whirlwind or BT.

As for fury, you have a few points that would increase your overall single-target damage. Dropping Improved Cleave for Precision would be a smart move. Dropping 2 from Unbridled wrath into Improved Berserker rage is a huge increase in rage generally (going from roughly 30 rage per minute to 60 rage per minute with berserker rage, with abotu 16~rage per minute remaining from 3/5 Unbridled wrath). In fight, I can keep spamming a skill and heroic strike at every GCD and melee attack and I just never run out of rage.

Other than that, don't forget to stack sunder armor if no one else can, it's a pretty big increase for everyone.

Priority rotation (IMHO)
    Slam if it procced(so that if you use WW and it procs, not to waste a proc should BT proc too, so it can avoid a whole downtime period)
    WW
    BT
    Sunder armor to 5
    Demo Shout
    Add heroic strikes whenever you can and as often as possible in there, free slam procs are fun.

Don't forget to blow your CDs, for some reasons lots of people just tend to hold them back.

I will have a look into that

I was running Rawr optimiser and it was advising to gem for crit, is that really advisable instead of gemming for str or ArP?

You shouldn't gem for ArP unless you are close to the soft cap and have an ArP proc trinket (like the Needle Encrusted Scorpion for example). Make sure you are at the expertise Cap. Have an addon with audible alerts for your Slam! procs.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I would replace your necklace and boots also. Boots can be gotten for 5 man ToC (heroic?). The necklace is more of a personal choice, as I prefer the strength necklaces. You are getting very close to the arp cap, but unfortunately the armory is not showing your weapons and one of your rings for me, so you could be there as far as I know. 52.5% ArP is where you want to be to have 100% with the trinket proc.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread