+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Char - DPS Stinks - BUT

First Char - DPS Stinks - BUT

Hey all,

First post. Just hit 80 with my first char, planned on tanking, and have been working on getting sets to run with.

However, I must be doing alot wrong, since I should be making a decent # on DPS, but it's in the mid-to-high 1000 range ( 1700 average ).

I've rightfully so been tossed off a few randoms, but can't understand why i'm below 2K DPS - I even tried re-spec'ing to fury with dual Tyr Beheaders and my dps was like 1800 ...

What the heck am I missing ?

The World of Warcraft Armory

WOW! To start, you need to get your gear enchanted and gemmed. Your DPS sucks because you need to be wearing DPS gear and not tanking gear. You are all over the map with your gear. You have no professions, so you are losing out on sockets or better gems. I didn't even go look at your talents. Go read up on the DPS or Tank tutorials on this site and you will get a better understanding of the class.

To expand on the advice above, the reasoning is that each item has an item level based on the difficulty it drops in. Its item level determines the amount of stats it may have, and so an item with those stats placed into good tanking stuff like defense, dodge and parry will necessarily have fewer dps stats like strength and crit. Keep a separate suit of gear for dps and for tanking and use either the in-game outfit manager, or an external addon such as Outfitter, to quickly switch between them when needed.

Also make sure the maximum ranks of any multiple-rank abilities you have are on your bars. Warriors probably don't have many if any, but it's always good advice. There is a bug (or so I'm told - it may simply be bad design) where when you level up with dual-spec, only your active spec's bars update with new ranks when you train. The inactive spec's bars need to be updated manually.
    Last edited by Misogyny; 01-02-2010 at 07:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread