+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Tanking Food

Best Tanking Food

I looked around, but could not find a discussion regarding tanking food. My question is: What is the best tanking food for a pally or warrior tank and why? I know that stamina is important, but most foods also provide other advantages such as agility and crit. Even spell power for a pally tank with lots of AOE damage might be good. Any comments? Thanks.

Starspirit and Peacekeeper on Perenolde (Alliance)

It kinda depends on what you're tanking and your current stats, some people might advocate stam/expertise if you are low, or maybe even hit, however I think overall the best food is stam/agi. The benefits from agi (armor, dodge, and even a little bit of threat from crit) I think outweigh any other stat though.

So my opinion: 40stam/40agi is the best overall tanking food for warrior/pally.
    (tbh though except for anub or really tough fights I slouch and just eat the fish feast)
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Considering Paladins get SP and AP from strength, I'd have to laugh at anyone eating SP food.

I eat food to offset any stats I am lacking at the time. Until recently I was eating +hit food, after a weapon upgrade I am over hit cap so I've changed to +expertise. This not only adds to my threat, but also to survivability by reducing parries on Death Strike.

I mostly go with exp unless i have a big shortage of hit.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Wouldn't Clam Chowder or Fish Feast be best for a Paladin Tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Wouldn't Clam Chowder or Fish Feast be best for a Paladin Tank?
    Not necessarily, as mentioned a few times it makes sense to eat food based on what stats you are missing.

Clarifying: Never gear, gem, think wishfully or eat spellpower. Strength/AP will always be a better stat, and equally available.

For threat: Strenght + Stam. For survival: Agility + Stam. Both are dragonfin food I think.
    Hit/Expertise are sort of oddballs, as neither beats strength for threat if you're exp-dodge capped, which you should be regardless of food.

I find a Big Mac and Chips does wonders for my tanking...

I kinda have to agree with above poster but on a serious note I generally do Stam/Agility unless it's a raid and then I slouch like Agg and eat the sushi lol

If you are missing hit or expertise, eat hit or expertise food (respectively)
    If you are a paladin tank, feasts/chowder are good for threat, agi/stam for increased survival
    If you are a bear tank, agi/stam
    Warriors/DKs go with str/stam generally

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    If you are missing hit or expertise, eat hit or expertise food (respectively)
    If you are a paladin tank, feasts/chowder are good for threat, agi/stam for increased survival
    If you are a bear tank, agi/stam
    Warriors/DKs go with str/stam generally
    Uhh... Agi/stam is better than str/stam or anything else for warriors and pallies period, it's actually better than warriors for pallies, at least for survivability. For threat, chowder/feasts are not going to be better, and imo if you are having threat issues food isn't going to fix it unless you're like just under expertise soft cap.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thanks

to all of you for your comments. They are very informative. However, I prefer double cheese whoppers with no onions to Big Macs.

I like my str/stam food. But I think I have to go with Aggathon, Agi/Stam food would be the best for survivability with tanks regardless of class. In a block set for a warrior, I would go str/stam, but that isn't really viable in current content.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread