Closed Thread

Thread: Calculating Avoidance in ICC

Calculating Avoidance in ICC

So, I've done a couple tests, and it seems that the DR on Dodge is calculated BEFORE the -20% Dodge Debuff (Chill of the throne) is. Which means that a dodge/stam gem that gives .14% dodge with 31% unbuffed dodge outside of the instance, will give the same .14% dodge inside ICC with 11% unbuffed dodge.

I'm posting this to make sure that other people are getting the exact same outcome. Personally, even though the DR isn't lowered, I am going to be splitting up my gemming into Avoidance/Stam gems in Yellow and red sockets, and Pure-Stam in all blue sockets, this of course is all based on if the socket bonus is at minimum 6 stamina or better.

Personally, I think Blizzard should do DR's after full raid buffs + debuffs, but what can you do?

Blizzard even said the -20% dodge was after everything was calculated so as to not screw around with diminishing returns and whatnot.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tharr View Post
    Blizzard even said the -20% dodge was after everything was calculated so as to not screw around with diminishing returns and whatnot.
    Yeah, It's basically to shave off dodge itemization points which were quite skewed with the added ilvls from heroic stuff.

Which means once my Dodge and Parry gems both end up giving me .13% avoidance per half-half gem, I should start doing parry until it's uneven again.

Chill of the Thrown has no effect on how you gear (unless you have less than 20% dodge going in the door, which no sufficiently geared tank *should* blah blah blah).

I'm sorry, Zain, I don't mean this to sound as mean as it may, but I read your first line and facepalmed myself. There have been a dozen or so posts on this very topic, on these forums for the past couple months.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Thread closed to prevent further re-hashing of info already on the site.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread