+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

I have a lvl 51 female/human/paladin that I am trying to turn into a tank. I've gotten to lvl 51 without doing any dungeons. I am trying to do runs and I've been politely informed I suck. I need to know everything about getting my pally geared for tanking, how to keep her as a tank, what tallent tree to be on, etc. I am hopeless and need help. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I know nothing about Paladins, but I'd guess you should invest primarily in the Protection tree. Gear up for tanking, but at 51, you shouldn't really have to worry a lot, I'd imagine. Make sure you have Righteous Fury up, and Consecration - with the later being a must for AoE pulls.

Someone would more experience should check this, but I feel you could spec something along these lines: Link
    Last edited by Valquirie; 12-30-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/...83400JYOhf.png

Dont worry till around lvl 70 most dungeon runs are sloppy with dps attacking anything since dps gear will outstrip tank/healers. Pallies are lucky we actually have a whole forum like tankspot devoted to us heres the link: Maintankadin • Index page

Also as a tank you will need thick skin. Dps will once in a blue moon say sorry instead they will blame you. If you care to explain more about the said situation i can help you more clearly.

It would help if we knew what aspect you needed help with. If you had problems surviving, that is one thing. if you had problems holding threat, that is another. If it's both, be sure you didn't die because your healer got eaten after losing threat.

For starters, you need to take stock of what you CAN do. Level 51 is the magical level where you get access to Avenger's Shield, if you stick to the prot Tree. I suggest this build (including glyphs)

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Please note, this is a VERY VERY BAD raid spec, but it's good for when you are levelling in your current predicament. Expect to re-spec as you get closer to level 80.

You should have blessing of sanctuary and Seal of Righteousness on, along with Righteous Fury and Devotion Aura.
    You need to keep holy shield up as much as possible.
    Pull things with your Avenger's Shield

As soon as you can obtain it, switch to Seal of Venegeance (Seal of Blood for Horde), and swap that Glyph of Slea of Righteousness for Seal of Vengeance Glyph.

For gearing, you don't have access to gems generally, and enchants are restricted to TBC. Prioritize enchants (at your level only!) as follows
    Defense (get all of them!!)
    Expertise
    Hit
    Stamina
    Strength

Take advantage of crafted gear to start.
    Steel Plate Helm - Item - World of Warcraft
    Truesilver Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft
    Truesilver Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft

Battlegrounds is another place, if you love pvp.

Once you have some gear, go back and run key places, like Scarlet Monastery Cathedral for the shield from the last boss, Uldaman and Zul'Farak has some good drops, Mauradon has a nice helmet. You will have the advantage of being harder to kill because you are too far above level to be easily killed, making the learning process easier.

+ Reply to Thread