+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gem Tweaking

Gem Tweaking

Looking for some gem tweaking advice.

I just got the 245 Tier and the 2h axe from icc and did some quick gemming before next raid so everything isn't perfect.

All advice welcome

Your gemming looks fine, what I would tweak is your trinkets, save your current ones for Gunship and Saurfang and grab the Black Heart and the Glyph of Indomitability because of the extra EH and the better on uses/procs.

Thanks for the idea. I put in the Furnace Stone in before I logged so I didn't have my ilevel 200 dodge trinket for a little bigger epeen :P

I'm doing some tests of additional dodge vs additonal armor and I have to say both are rocking the casbah. I have yet to determine which is better though.

Hmmm, Eitrigg's Oath vs Glyph. dodge with on use armor or armor with one use dodge...

An armory link would be good, and generally personal evaluations belong in the HALP! forum.

moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The Glyph is much better, in 90% of situations EH is better than avoidance because of unavoidable damage and burst damage that will kill you with in a second. If you are comparing the on use to the proc, you have a proc that adds very little armor inconsistently vs. an on use that adds huge amounts of dodge and can be used when ever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    An armory link would be good, and generally personal evaluations belong in the HALP! forum.

moved.
    My armory is in my characters, so I didn't double link it. Why isn't asking about gemming my tanking gear part of gemming and enchanting? I wasn't asking can I do this, or why can't I threat or anything.

I'm confused now
    Last edited by Jaeden; 12-30-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: ...

Because it's a personal query, whereas most of the things in the other threads are discussions over items like theorycrafting which gear is better.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeden View Post
    My armory is in my characters, so I didn't double link it. Why isn't asking about gemming my tanking gear part of gemming and enchanting? I wasn't asking can I do this, or why can't I threat or anything.

I'm confused now
    Because
    1) you didn't read Posting & Chat Rules. It's on the top of every forum page.
    2) After failing to read said link, you didn't notice his signature.

as for the actual purpose of Gear and Enchanting

Gear Discussion If you're asking if X is better than Y, or are looking for a gear ranking list, this is where you should be. Discussion about enchantments and gems also goes here. This forum is meant for discussion about gear that others may find useful, so we want armoury and talent help requests in a different forum.

Your gear tweaking is useful to you, not so much for us, especially if we are telling you what to tweak.

I did read the Posting & Chat rules. Please see below where I bolded the text.

Gear Discussion If you're asking if X is better than Y, or are looking for a gear ranking list, this is where you should be. Discussion about enchantments and gems also goes here. This forum is meant for discussion about gear that others may find useful, so we want armoury and talent help requests in a different forum.
    So for clarity, gemming questions don't go in Gear discussion like the above states? Or does someone suggesting advice on something other than the enchant/gems automatically get the topic moved?

I know it may seem I'm just being arguementative, but that isn't my goal. I'm attempting to understand why my post was moved when I followed the guidelines of the Posting & Chat rules.
    Last edited by Jaeden; 12-31-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Last 2 sentences

+ Reply to Thread