I know we see tons of these topics regarding Dk tanks taking more damage but I need some advice as I do not know what to do at this point.
I have gone from blood to frost and now back to blood again for the increase in stam and survivability. I like to think I have pretty decent gear and have gemed with the correct stats. The World of Warcraft Armory
I recently did a random heroic for frost emblems and ended up in OK. Piece of cake I thought - in the second pull I died. I checked my logs and it showed a 28k hit from one of the mobs and overkilled me. wtf?? It was not behind me, all mobs were in front of me at all times. As a blood dk I no longer have UA and instead rely on RT and VB which I only use in panic mode. Is there a bug or am I missing something? Please help!!
On one hand I love the new random pugs system, and on the other I hate it with a passion.
I have had dps that are geared with ICC drops that can't even do 1k dps on a boss!!!!
I have had healers with ICC drops that can't even heal heroics...
As to Blood Tanking I haven't the first clue on that.
I have tanked as Unholy way back before Unholy Blight got messed with.
I love Frost Tanking, have switched back and forth from 2H and DW specs with it.
Only times I have had real issues is with Water Elementals (damn immunitiy to Frost damage).
Personally I would just blame that death in OK on the healer... But 28k does sound a bit extreme, but I do know that the Spellflingers do nasty Shadow Damage, just no clue on how much they do.
- Find an upgraded neck piece (block is a waste for you)
- Helm - upgrade the gem
- Icebound Fortitude with 560 defense rating is a waste so get rid of it. I believe at 570Defense rating you'd be sitting at 50% reduction without the glyph so you're already passed the 30% mark.
- Your blood spec'd so focused on blood spec'd glyphs (Death Strike and Vampiric Blood are you 2 keys with the 3rd being disease or rune strike)
Get rid of:
- Unholy Command? No point - get rid of it
- Improved Blood Presence is a waste imo - get rid of it and get rid of blood worms.
- Runic Power Mastery - you should never get to the point where you have 130 RP if you've macro'd your keys to utilize Rune Strike whenever it's up so get rid of those as well.
Total - 7 points
- Pick up Will of Necropolis (3/3) will assist you.
- Blood Gorged (will assist with TPS)
May want to take 1 point out of Subversion and place it into Blood Gorged for 5/5
Other than that, have your rune tap ready to go along with IBF and VB.