+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lack of Hit Rating on Tank Gear is Scaring Me.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    936

    Lack of Hit Rating on Tank Gear is Scaring Me.

    The World of Warcraft Armory
    I'm starting to get worried about Hit Rating for Tanking.
    Its getting way lower than I like.

    Suggestions or Comments?
    I know I'm using a DPS Sigil, I hate that the DK tanking Sigils are dependent on Runestrike.
    Its been a while since I have tanked a "real" raid, the last time I tanked in a Raid was an Ignis smackdown on my server where I was the MT, had no trouble keeping threat for that in a 10-man.
    So for now I been tanking Heroics like crazy, since I'm one of the few tanks in my group of friends, so I tend to get stuck with that job

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    139
    A lot of ICC gear has hit rating on it, don't fret.

    There wasn't much in ToC but we got expertise instead.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    123
    There are many items without hit or expertise, but there are many item with it aswell. You just need to pick those items that suits you best.
    A couple items with nice hit rating you don't have:
    ICC rep ring: Even if your guild doesn't do ICC yet, there are loads of ICC rep farm pugs, and you should be able to get at least the friendly ring in no time.
    TOC10/TOGC10 boots: I don't know what the horde name is, but alliance version is "Sabatons of the Lingering Vortex"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    936
    Hmm, will need to try to get into a rep farm then for the ring.
    Going to lose Stamina getting it though lol, since I have a Solid Dragon's Eye in my Mark of the Relentless.

    As to the boots my chances of getting them are very slim, my guild is too disorganized to do ToC-10.

    Hmm might have to get the T10 Tank Gloves instead of the non-tier gloves

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Hmm, will need to try to get into a rep farm then for the ring.
    Going to lose Stamina getting it though lol, since I have a Solid Dragon's Eye in my Mark of the Relentless.

    As to the boots my chances of getting them are very slim, my guild is too disorganized to do ToC-10.

    Hmm might have to get the T10 Tank Gloves instead of the non-tier gloves
    Dunno about your server, but ToC 10 is VERY puggable on mine.

    Got my boots and the shield off Anub last night.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ... I hate that the DK tanking Sigils are dependent on Runestrike.
    Why the hate? you're spamming runestrike anyway, you've probably bound it to every one of your special abilities, so the proc is always up. Great sigil imo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,426
    Moved to HALP! Forum.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  8. #8
    Hit isn't really a particularly awesome threat stat to begin with, so you're safe honestly.

    And I'll be honest, I'm finding the Ashen Verdict tanking rings to be VERY lackluster, unless they've fixed the uptime on the armor proc. =(

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Fledern View Post
    Why the hate? you're spamming runestrike anyway, you've probably bound it to every one of your special abilities, so the proc is always up. Great sigil imo
    Why the hate?
    Because it is an ability that for some fights never gets used.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts