+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph of Idom vs Fervor

Glyph of Idom vs Fervor

I am currently using Fervor of the Frostborn, and was considering about getting Glyph of Indom. Neither trinket is great but compared I am thinking that overall Glyph would be better. I wanted to get others oppinion on it as well.

Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft

Fervor of the Frostborn - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks

Stal

PS. How do you make it so that when you mouse over the item it shows up as well as make it so you can have just the name of the item as the link? Thanks.

*Edit* Corrected typos

I can't think of any instances in WotLK where I would use an avoidance trinket over an EH one. I have Fervor, but have never used it. I used the brewfest trinket until I replaced it with Glyph.

Will probably replace Glyph with the +228 stam key. I still use Black Heart. =( It doesn't feel like an ilvl 200 trinket.

That was kinda my thoughts on it...I am still trying to get black heart (trinkets dont like me been trying since ToC came out). Only reason I am using Fervor is because I havnt had anything else drop and I have been using badges to get some dps gear cause the guild I just joined needed me as a tank/dps and my dps gear really sucked it up, but I am too the point where I am doing decent dps so I can use the badges to get glyph.

It's worth it. The armor comes in real handy in most of the ToGC and ICC fights.

Quote Originally Posted by nethervoid View Post
    I can't think of any instances in WotLK where I would use an avoidance trinket over an EH one.
    Saurfang is a good example.

Avoidance on Saurfang is only very useful if you stack large amounts of it. Swapping one trinket out for another in your EH set on that fight won't do much good. EH is generally king atm, the Glyph will be the best bet for most encounters

Go with the Glyph for the majority of encounters, it is especially useful on a primarily physical fight where you need an extra emergency button.

Glyph definately. The overall damage reduction is better and the on use is better.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Thanks, I picked it up yesterday when I got home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raij View Post
    Avoidance on Saurfang is only very useful if you stack large amounts of it. Swapping one trinket out for another in your EH set on that fight won't do much good. EH is generally king atm, the Glyph will be the best bet for most encounters
    Actually every bit helps. Sure you don't get +5% avoidance over 5k HP (random numbers, effective figures are subject to gear and DR and all other math-like thing-a-ma-jigs), but on that fight you need to realise that while stamina might help you survive worst-case scenarios, that stamina does not work for all your raid members with marks.
    In fact, last night one of our tanks got the Mark and had to tank 5 sec later, it was still fine. That's how weak Saurfangs hits are, EH is NOT king here.
    Also, even here Avoidance trinket > Glyph because the Glyph does not work on the 6k extra damage your raid members take, the avoidance does. That and the fact that it reduces the amount of buffs he get, thus less Marks as well as damage done to you. In the end, not getting hit reduces more damage and increases your chances to live far more than EH, even if it's armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread