+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Came back from a couple month break

Came back from a couple month break

Hello all! I've recently come back from a couple month break and I used to be the top dog with 36k health unbuffed (lol). Now I look at the tanks, they're all hitting 40k easily?

What my main question is, is can I go and tank 10/25 ICC? Or should I start hitting 10/15 ToC again?

Also are EH sets still "standard" for tanking? And has there been any significant changes to BR/BV?

Here's my armory : The World of Warcraft Armory

Yes, EH is still the standard...keep avoidance sets or trinkets just for pure physical fights, but there is a lot of stuff in ICC that can't be mitigated, especially with the 20% dodge debuff that's applied inside the raid you just need to be able to withstand the hits. Your health will be a little bit low, but you can tank ICC10 no problem. The new Icc 5-man heroics aren't anything to laugh at either, they get you some decent gear and have proved to be fairly difficult to even experienced well geared tanks. Heroic Halls of Reflection makes me want to effing cry everytime I see it.
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

I see BR/BV a lot less on gear nowadayts, but that's not much of a surprise.

I wasn't much better geared than you the first time I walked into ICC< so you could try it. I might recommend grinding badges to get yourself a few t9 pieces though, it will really help.

Ahh...so should I be farming those ICC 5man heroics and attempting at 10man ICC?
    So the 20% dodge debuff means I should focus on getting more dodge, or giving up all hope on it and stacking EH?

Avoidance will come with gear, continue to stack EH, as far as gearing and all that shenanigans goes there are a lot of guides that can help you. I have links to almost all of them in my guide (link in sig). With 36k you can do any 10 man I'd say(and ToC25), but it probably won't take you too long to get to about 38k-40kish range, in which case you could probably tank anything.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Atri View Post
    Ahh...so should I be farming those ICC 5man heroics and attempting at 10man ICC?
    So the 20% dodge debuff means I should focus on getting more dodge, or giving up all hope on it and stacking EH?
    Well I've always been an EH proponent, but I'd say don't make any massive changes to your gearing strategy just because of Chill of the Throne. Anyone with a stupidly high amount of dodge before it hit will still be decent after. Anyone who focused on EH before it still has the same EH. It balances out healing a bit since you get hit more consistently, but shouldn't affect things out that much. Least that's what the handful of runs I've done in ICC so far have taught me.

+ Reply to Thread