+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need A little help for Pala tank

Need A little help for Pala tank

Hi everyone. I would like to know if all my gear is enchanted/gemmed correctly(im looking for max hp i can get from my current gear).Are my talents correct?(if no post link to the build).Also.please tell me which content i can currently raid.ive done toc10,1st boss in Icc10.koralon on voa 25.ony 25. For which raids my gear is fine and i can do without problem.
    If there is a not so hard optainable gear which will inc my hp.plz post link.(im not talking about t10 here :P )

The World of Warcraft Armory

Spec needs some major work. You don't have any points in Improved Judgements, which leads me to believe that you don't follow the 96969 rotation. 96969 is the best for sustained threat, you should definitely go look that up on maintankadin or something. You also skipped Vindication and Judgements of the Just (key damage reduction talents) and Crusade (a threat talent far superior to Seals of the Pure).

Spec like this instead, and definitely go look up 96969 - you'll see your threat generation go through the roof, I promise. You also should pick up the glyphs of Divine Plea (permanent 3% damage reduction) and Seal of Vengeance/Corruption (10 expertise is a huge chunk of threat) to replace Shield of the Righteous (useless) and Holy Wrath (nice for the ICC 5-mans and trash but largely useless).

Gear is much better. Some of your gear has low level enchants that you need to replace, but you obviously know what stats to go for and what to work towards. I would replace Ick's Rotting Thumb with something like Glyph of Indomitability or the Corroded Skeleton Key (if you have enough Frost emblems), and of course replace those +18 stamina armor kits with something good, but otherwise gear looks good.

Just fix that screwy spec and you'll do fine.

edit: you're using the wrong meta gem too, get Austere Earthsiege for the extra 2% armor

Your talents aren't the best and a lot of your gear should be regemed.

- Enchants

Get the Hodir reputation enchant for your shoulders.

If your looking to maximize for stam then enchant 275(may be a differant number) health to chest, The best overall enchant for chest however is 22 defense rating, even if your over defense cap it doesn't matter it still gives the most avoidance, and right now avoidance is everything.

For you weapon I wouldn't use blade ward, use mongoose, 20 agility, or accuracy if you need hit, which you don't your hit rating is decent.

- Gems

Your helmet's socket bonus is worth getting 12 stam, if its a red socket put in a Agi/Stam gem, if its green put in a Defense/Stam gem. For your meta you should be using Austere Earthsiege Diamond, 32 stamina, and 2% armor is the best meta gem by far.

For your shoulders, I wouldn't gem Dodge/Stamina you gain more overall stats with Agility/Stamina you gain Armor/Dodge/Crit from agility.

Same for your chest the socket bonus is worth getting so I would match up with the defense/stamina, agility/stamina gems.

For your gloves I would put in a Defense/stamina, or you can throw in a 30 stamina gem. You'll get a red gem for your meta if you socket your chest better.

Your leg's gems are ok but again It's better to gem for overall so a agility/stamina gem or defense/stamina to get the bonus.

For your boots there's a better stamina enchant, 22 stamina, get that, if your not spec'd into Pursuit of Justice, which you should be then you should get Tuskarr's Vitality.

-Talents

This is the spec I use, there are a few things that you can change for personal preference.

This spec is the same but if you need to interrupt more you can throw points into Imp hammer of justice instead of divine guardian.

And here is the last version of it, if you don't have a retribution paladin in group you can go 3 points into Heart of the Crusader instead of Benediction

-Glyphs

For your glyphs you should be using:

Glyph of Seal of Vengeance

Glyph of Divine Plea

Glyph of Righteous Defense

Minors should be:

Glyph of sense undead

Glyph of Lay on Hands

Glyph of the Wise
    Last edited by Elv; 12-24-2009 at 11:14 AM.

96969 rule

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Spec needs some major work. You don't have any points in Improved Judgements, which leads me to believe that you don't follow the 96969 rotation. 96969 is the best for sustained threat, you should definitely go look that up on maintankadin or something. You also skipped Vindication and Judgements of the Just (key damage reduction talents) and Crusade (a threat talent far superior to Seals of the Pure).

Spec like this instead, and definitely go look up 96969 - you'll see your threat generation go through the roof, I promise. You also should pick up the glyphs of Divine Plea (permanent 3% damage reduction) and Seal of Vengeance/Corruption (10 expertise is a huge chunk of threat) to replace Shield of the Righteous (useless) and Holy Wrath (nice for the ICC 5-mans and trash but largely useless).

Gear is much better. Some of your gear has low level enchants that you need to replace, but you obviously know what stats to go for and what to work towards. I would replace Ick's Rotting Thumb with something like Glyph of Indomitability or the Corroded Skeleton Key (if you have enough Frost emblems), and of course replace those +18 stamina armor kits with something good, but otherwise gear looks good.

Just fix that screwy spec and you'll do fine.

edit: you're using the wrong meta gem too, get Austere Earthsiege for the extra 2% armor
    Last edited by aeur; 12-29-2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: what is the 96969 rule i m a new pally tank havent done too bad

what is the 96969 rule i am new pally tank but i find it very hard to hold aggro alot lately
    i followed your talent tree for the most part pls i need help

96969 rule

The rule is to use your abilities that have 9 second CD and 6 second CD alternatively. I usually do Holy Shield, Judgement, Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of Righteousness, Consecration. By then Holy Shield is off CD and my rotation is coming up in order.

Also, I am in a guild where i am the second best geared tank. The best geared tank has heroic gear and most of the hard mode content under his belt, where i only have T9 and maybe 1 hard mode. But every time i OT for him, i have to be careful and watch my TPS because i can pull off of him fairly easily.

Here is the spec i use and my glyphs: WoW Armory

I know that i am not hit capped and i know that i am not expertise capped, but i never have had a problem keeping aggro or being below 2k dps.

+ Reply to Thread