+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bloodbath (Warrior ability in Beta), what happened to it?

Quote Originally Posted by maverickroll View Post
    I'd kill for another AoE threat generator, it'd make keeping the dang pesky caster mobs a little more on target.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    Go Cleave withouth target limit :P
    I'd be happy with a (slightly) shorter cooldown on tclap. That'd make me happy as far as aoe threat goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Or maybe even let Warbringer give you access to Whirlwind in Defensive Stance as well, so you get one ability from Battle Stance and one from Berserker Stance.

Might create balance problems within the various trees, though, although I don't think it would mess it up too bad, since you still wouldn't do big damage like you would with two two-handers.

It would be another button to push, but I wouldn't mind.
    Warbringer does give you a berserker stance move, intercept [/pendantic]

But seriously, I don't get the fixation with WW in d-stance. I guess it'd be cool looking, but I don't think it would be useful. Having WW-ed while tank specced/geared (all those times where we went from needing 2 to 1 tanks during an encounter) I can tell you that WW does pitiful damage with a single one hander. I don't think it out damaged TC even.

zomg what if you whirlwind and the boss swings and you're back is turned and he crits you or something! (i know you don't get crit from the back i'm kidding).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I dunno. I'm currently dabbling with slamless Fury(I'm THAT lazy) and I seriously doubt that the game even bothers to calculate a full 360° swirl.

WW Damage is pitiable while in tankequip. Yet, if we could get an extra 360° hit with the shield?

Bloodbath would have been extra nice due to the DoT. Extra threat on mobs that tend to run away after Shockwave is yummy.

OTOH gogo unlimited 360° cleave in def stance! I would a give a kidney for it. One of your kidneys, that is.

Does anybody actually USE Intercept in defstance? Can't say that I have...

I wouldn't be surprised if heroic leap or bloodbath(20s CD feels about right) would make a glorious return in Cata. The last two addons have been brilliant for warrior tanking. Here's hoping for more.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Does anybody actually USE Intercept in defstance
    I have. On trash with lots of casters in it, sometimes I have to charge around a bit to keep aggro on everything, intercept comes in handy. And the odd time that charge is on cooldown and I need to zip over to something, I'll use it.

Holy crap, I know this sounds dumb... but I didn't realize you COULD use Intercept in Defensive stance...

/facepalm

Reading ftw, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    I have. On trash with lots of casters in it, sometimes I have to charge around a bit to keep aggro on everything, intercept comes in handy. And the odd time that charge is on cooldown and I need to zip over to something, I'll use it.
    This. ^^

Veneretto had a great post about it called "art of warbringer" over on his blog. Check it out.

Indeed. I take that warbringer macro for granted so much that I don't even konw when I'm intercepting charging half the times.

And I intercept quite a bit actually. Charge pull mob, mob does knockback, intercept back in.

Charge mob, mob casts pbaoe - intervene healer, intercept back in.

It's really fun. Or even when chain pulling, sometimes you get mobs closer than 15 seconds apart and need to intercept the next pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    It's really fun. Or even when chain pulling, sometimes you get mobs closer than 15 seconds apart and need to intercept the next pack.
    I'm cleaving too much on trash. I find myself completely without rage and everything on CD more often than not. Problem is the last cleave just before the mobs die. So either I need to cut back on cleaving or I need to explore the possibilities of rage potions...

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I dont know why this turned into a "we have too little aoethreat" discussion,
    but I guess that's due to the aoe-nature of bloodbath.

If warriors were to get (yet) another aoe ability, it definitely would have something to do with bleeds. And I agree with people saying that we shouldn't move closer towards another class, tanking in cataclysm will already be too homogenized in my opinion.

I don't mind working harder then all the other classes building threat.
    In fact, that's probably one of the reasons I'm playing this class (that and the amazing utility we have).
    What pisses me off sometimes is when tanking along another class, they (sometimes) easily pull them off.
    Especially if the number of adds exceeds the capabilities of tabtarget threat (lets face it here, you're splitting your singletarget dps on several mobs).
    I'm not whining however, as this is kind of a luxusproblem seeing as if I was alone I would in fact be able to keep them on me and off DPS (hopefully )

As Kazeyonoma hinted at, why would we turn our back on a boss/adds? :P
    Although I suppose we're already doing that with heroic strike.

+ Reply to Thread