+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protection warrior gear

Protection warrior gear

Hi, I have been searching for an answer to this question for a while on these forums but was unable to come up with an answer so i hope this isn't something that has been posted before. I am a level 27 prot warrior and this is my first toon. My question is, I have been tanking in the low level instances that i am able to and have been collecting some gear with stamina and some with defence rating. I was wondering if at this level gear with defence rating is more inportant than stamina. I asked a few people and they told me to change specs to level but personaly i would like to learn to tank as I level so that when I reach 80 I will be as good a tank as I can be. Thank you in advance for any info i can get this website and videos so far has been extremely helpfull to me learning how to tank and learning the game in general .

Dont bother too much with defense rating while levelling up since mob levels vary alot compared to your own level to make much of a use from beign uncrittable to some specific level of a npc hitting you. Just grab which ever has more stamina/strenght and you'll be fine running lower level dungeons or soloing

For leveling up tanking you might as well go arms or fury because at the lvl they can tank just as well as a prot spec while adding damage and being overall easier to quest with also.

Thanks guys that was a fast response! mainly the reason i am leveling prot is because one, iv had no problem with any quests so it seems pretty easy as is, and im not all that great a gamer so id rather learn the spec as i go along instead of playing one way for a while then learning a whole new way of playing haha.

dreadlibrarian

I have lvl 46 prot warrior...I agree stick your spec...I have learn a whole lot about tanking, especialy after tanking Uldaman, Zulfarak and Sunken Temple.. Get a good shield.. I may be wrong, armor helps alot...

Once you hit lvl 35 the struglle is over...

Tip*Enter Warsong glutch battleground and grab the flag...i.ve learned alot about the resilience of a prot warrior...dont expect to live to long but you will learn when to use your abilities...but you will die alot...

Peace

I did do alot of warsong and i definitely died alot haha. But i did learn how to use intimidating shout and hamstring which i never used until those situations.

+ Reply to Thread