+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help for more DPS/Gemming

Help for more DPS/Gemming

Could use some help on how to get more DPS out of my char and make sure i am gemming correctly for maximum damage output. Have increased my DPS pretty well to the 4.5-5 k range and have spiked at 6k. Problem is that it's not consistant enough to be relied on and it seems average when everyone in my guild or able to do 8-10 k now. Some pugs i have been in are able to do 7-8 k easily enough and i am still having problems finding my groove for it.

curious about a really good gem build to help maximize everything and how that can help with my rotation so i am not missing a key enhancment or abilty.

here is my armory: /www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Malenthal

First off for the benefit of everyone else reading this...
    Armory Link of the initial poster.
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    This topic pretains to Fury Warrior DPS.

One tip I'll make on Gemming... if you're going to gem for Hit, using two Etched Ametrine for 10 Hit Rating and 10 Strength is better than using one Rigid King's Amber for 20 Hit and one Bold Cardinal Ruby for 20 Strength. Why is this? Because you can get more of your socket bonuses, while still netting the same Strength increase. For example change the Widebarrel Flintlock and Tyrannical Beheader to both Etched Ametrine's instead of a Rigid King's Amber and a Bold Cardinal Ruby and you gain 4 Strength from meeting an additional socket bonus. Even though traditionally you should ignore a socket bonus that small, if you're gemming for hit anyway you would optimize your stats better by using the hybrid Orange gems rather than using the pure Red and Yellow gems. You can do the same with your Ring and your Pants and net you 6 more strength. Boots and Gloves are another pair where you could gain 4 strength by picking up the socket bonus on them if you used both orange gems.

This is almost always the case when you need to gem for something other than your pure DPS stat. Using two of the hybrid colors (orange, green, or purple) is better than using one of each of the pure colors (red, yellow, or blue) because the hybrid color gems will typically allow you to get socket bonuses you were previously ignoring.

You also have the wrong meta. Attack power and reduced stun duration? Sounds like a PvP meta to me. Chaotic Skyflare Diamond is pretty much the only meta any DPS should ever use. Though you will need to get a second blue gem somewhere for the bonus to activate so you'd likely have to throw a Sovereign Dreadstone or something into your Dual-blade Butcher and gain a 4 strength socket bonus to partially compensate or in your chest piece's blue socket. Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is an ok alternative with a easier requirement to meet, however 21 crit rating has a higher value than 21 agility. Bottom line though is the flat percentage increase to crit damage though gives this gem a value significantly higher than any other gem (42 attack power might be something like 20 DPS increase, 3% bonus crit damage will be closer to 100 DPS increase).
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 12-22-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Typically Armory posts belong in the HALP forum, even if it is dps related, most rotation/skill/talent questions can be answered in the Stickies we have.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

thnx

Thnx Q for the gemming tips. The other question i had is that thru threads that I have read, no one really seems to agree on a set cap. The soft cap for hit is 8.00% roughly, the new expertise is now 25 down from 26, and i may have missed it but what is a good solid number for these and crit so as not to miss anything in a fight. Math is not one of my strong points, (as may be for many others out theres) so some straight facts is always appreciated.

Again thnx always for the help.

8% is the hit cap for melee specials. Your normal attacks still benefit with further hit, but it is not worth going for, you would never gem for hit higher than 8%. Dual wielding I think the hit cap is 27% on white attacks.

As for crit the target for Fury is 33.3% which is what you need to maintain Flurry 100% uptime (theoretically).

+ Reply to Thread