+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Christmas Marmot -- Santa-liena & Santa-helm & Defro'd Frodo!

A Christmas Marmot -- Santa-liena & Santa-helm & Defro'd Frodo!

Eroti-marmot says Merry Christmas! (Courtesy Spiritus)
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Movie up! Donor download in ~45 minutes!

Celebrating Christmas

It really differs from family to family here in America.

Personally, my family gathers together on Christmas Eve and disperses gifts to all of the different branches. However, Christmas Morning is typically spent with Mom, Dad, and my Sister (And her husband now). The other relatives spend it with their sections of the family.

We have a large dinner on Christmas Eve usually centered around a large ham and "Tuna Burgers" (Tuna Melts).

I do have a lot of friends that do everything on Christmas day though. So yeah, that's about it.

Have a great Christmas, Miss.

- Erzan

P.S. Thanks for answering my question! And OMG. Cameo of the Decade!
    Last edited by Erzan; 12-21-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Cider-Claus ftw.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy new year! I hope Santa Helm leaves you phat lewts under the tree!

Nice video. Have to agree on the stat weighting. Friends don't let friends gem haste (or crit!). You'll get more than enough from gear and raid buffs. Gem for (Holy) Spellpower, SP/Spirit if you need to fit a blue slot and need throughput or Int/Spirit if you need to fit a blue slot and need regen, and SP/intellect if you need to fit a yellow socket.

Interesting side note: On our Saurfang kills this week, both 10 and 25, and on our Lady Deathwisper, amg I had to *use shadowfiend, hymn of hope, and a mana pot!* STOP THE PRESSES!

I'm thinking what I may do is throw out the Purified Dreadstones in the blue slots on my tier gear, and replace them with Seer's Eye of Zul. I've got a JC alt and 60+ triumph badges burning a hole in my pocket.

I figure by the time I have enough frost badges to replace all or most of my t9 pieces, I won't be feeling the regen pinch, and will gem for throughput again, although perhaps for hardmodes, there might still be some pinching.

As for resto Shaman, our resto shaman has been doing pretty nicely on fights they favor. Our Shaman does pretty nicely on Deathwhisper. And of course, Resto Druid can rock the meters on the right type of fight.

But Priests, especially Holy, are no slouches on meters either, and fill an important niche in a healing team. We're like the first responders, we prevent death until the rest of the healing team can arrive on the target. A Disc Priest does this with shields, preventing the damage, while a Holy Priest does this with instant casts, giving the target a jolt of healing before the next tick/fire whatever finishes them off. This gives Wild Growth, Chain Heal and other spells a chance to reach their targets. Prayer of Mending can also help prevent deaths if there's spike damage in the raid. We're the raid's first line of defense, and those poor restos are just our backup

I always notice when the damage is minimal, I usually have to work pretty hard to get any showing on the meters (although I'm not being stressed about people dying, so I have nothing better to do than attempt to pad meters). However, if there's a TON of damage going out, especially focused splash damage (think about the Marrowgar trash that blows up all over the melee when they die), we really start to shine, because we get there FIRST.

Another idea: yes its fun to try to compare on the meters, but what I use meters for is to improve my performance. I am looking for what spells give me the most healing. I'll also look at the other healers. If I see that a Resto Druid is rocking the meters with hots, I'll try to use more renew. If the resto shaman is topping the meter and 85% of their healing is from Chain heal, I'll make sure to use Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending every chance I get. And if Holy Paladins are topping the meters, well, it means the tank is getting his patukus kicked, and we're doing something wrong anyway :P

Donor download is up!

oh my frelling god
    epic
    I think Lore will lose this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Cider you have such sexy eyes.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

OMG it is Ciderhelm! My first guest was that Lore went to Germany but I would have never guessed it would be Ciderhelm attaching his little snippet at the end. At least we have now clarified on the identity of Ciderhelm and what he as been up to mentioned in the first episode of the Weekly Marmot. kinda disappointed that he is not a girl though, but as the person above me has mentioned, you have some damn sexy eyebrows! lol

What is that poster behind ciderhelm?
    Last edited by ghiradelli; 12-22-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Merry Christmas Santa-liena and Santahelm. Merry Christmas Tankspot.

The mammoth rider in Orgri at the start, putting everything in perspective with his /yell, is a nice touch. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ghiradelli View Post
    What is that poster behind ciderhelm?
    That is a custom print of artwork I commissioned for our browser-based game project. Absolutely beautiful image. Same artist who we commissioned for the TankSpot background.

Here's a small version of the image:
    Paladin and lady of the manor by ~azazel1944 on deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by redneck6979 View Post
    Cider-Claus ftw.
    ^ This. Glad to hear from you Cider, I miss your podcasts and videos, hope you have a merry Christmas!
    Tanks: We like it rough.

This video has several degrees of awesomeness
    Aliena looks so cute in her outfit .. and so does Ciderhelm tbh

Anyway .. to answer your question: We always invite my grandparents over for dinner on december 24th, though we don't really have a tradition on what to eat. This year we'll probably be eating fish, for example

Merry Christmas to the entire Tankspot crew !

I find myself missing Ciderhelm's inappropriately loud voice overs more and more...

Dear lord is that ciderhelm?

Wtb real face
    "In Soviet Russia, RAGE needs YOU!"
    "Even with Titan's Grip, it still takes two hands!"

Merry Christmas to all you Tankspot fokes. My favorite part of coming home for the holidays is that my family is from Memphis TN. So I get to have my favorite meal in the world, Pulled Pork BBQ from the Germantown Commissary! (and we did last night)

We also tend to try and have non-traditional Christmas meals now that my 3 sisters (yes its a nightmare) and myself are older. Honeybaked Ham is about the only traditional Christmas food you will see around here.
    The Pwnstar Puddin, Now in a Fun Sized Goblin Shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Titangrip View Post
    Dear lord is that ciderhelm?

Wtb real face
    Donor Exclusive: Ciderhelm Debearded

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Damn, donors only.
    "In Soviet Russia, RAGE needs YOU!"
    "Even with Titan's Grip, it still takes two hands!"

+ Reply to Thread