+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damage Per Second

Damage Per Second

I believe that I have a pretty good understanding of how to play my DK. I am doing about 7.5k-8k dps on the Saurfang fight. My problem is that the changes made to DK's in the last patch left me in the dark as to what stats are more valuable than another. I have looked at EJ and the stickied Death Knight thread here is extremely outdated. With Scourge Strike being partly physical i was wondering on the viability of armor penetration seeing that most of the new gear has been pumped full of it. But if anyone has a table of stat weights, that would help me out immensely. I suck at math .

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I believe that I have a pretty good understanding of how to play my DK. I am doing about 7.5k-8k dps on the Saurfang fight. My problem is that the changes made to DK's in the last patch left me in the dark as to what stats are more valuable than another. I have looked at EJ and the stickied Death Knight thread here is extremely outdated. With Scourge Strike being partly physical i was wondering on the viability of armor penetration seeing that most of the new gear has been pumped full of it. But if anyone has a table of stat weights, that would help me out immensely. I suck at math .
    The EJ thread on unholy dps has just that, couldnt you find it? I'm not going to link it since they change the name of the thread very often but I find it to be updated very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    That's...interesting as the thread's 3.3 viable since day 1 of 3.3's release...

Not sure where you're getting your notes from but I've updated it since the 3.3 change and have done my changes since. The information you will find in the sticky will be as accurate as the information found elsewhere to my understanding.

So no, it's not extremely outdated.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    That's...interesting as the thread's 3.3 viable since day 1 of 3.3's release...

Not sure where you're getting your notes from but I've updated it since the 3.3 change and have done my changes since. The information you will find in the sticky will be as accurate as the information found elsewhere to my understanding.

So no, it's not extremely outdated.
    Read through it now once again and you are right, it's very much up to date. It might be that he read it a few weeks ago(?) after the 3.2.2 patch when you hadnt updated it for some time? Great work btw, love the thread! Is there any way you could make the section titles bold or bigger (think they were before), as it is sometimes a bit difficult to find the section you want when scrolling through it?

I would but I think that messes up the article section, that's why it's no longer bolded. I have to explore exactly what the Articles allow before I play with that.

EDIT: Yeah so it doesn't do much to the article so I reformatted the sucker. Might put a table of contents.
    Last edited by Krenian; 12-22-2009 at 07:05 AM.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread