+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about armor effects.

Question about armor effects.

Hello everybody.

I've been trying to come up with an EH calculator (it should be easy enough, and I never fully trust something posted on a website somewhere,) but I ran into a major problem point.

I want an armor calculator for raid bosses, not level 80 mobs, and I seem to remember that the level of the attacker is taken into consideration when calculating the effect of armor.

Does anybody know the formula for it? I can't seem to find reliable and reasonably recent sources for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

in bc, some raid bosses had lower armor than others, giving melee an advantage or disadvantage over casters in dps depending on the armor. in wotlk, testing has shown that every raid boss has the exact same amount of armor, which is 10,643.

part of this i think is due to the way armor pen is now. going from a flat armor reduction in bc to a rating system now. having a flat boss armor value will ensure that arp will always be the same from boss to boss.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

DR_armor = AC/(AC+C), where C is a value based on what you are attacking. I would need to look up the value of C, but it is somewhere in the area of 16k and some change for level 83 mobs

As a note:
    1-DR_armor = C/(AC+C)

And 1/(1-DR_armor) = (AC+C)/C

Those might be useful for EH equations.

EDIT: C is 16635 for level 83 mobs.
    The equation for C is:
    C = 467.5 * EnemyLevel - 22167.5

EDIT2: I think that equation may changed depending on what level range you are in. I think wowwiki has a page on it in more detail.
    Last edited by jere; 12-22-2009 at 05:44 AM.

probably because it was 5am, i thought he was asking for boss armor...

need moar coffee!
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread