+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Emblem trinket. First purchase?

Frost Emblem trinket. First purchase?

I am sitting at 60 emblems and not sure what to buy.

Herkuml War Token - Item - World of Warcraft

Band of the Night Raven - Item - World of Warcraft

I have greatness and the needle for trinkets and the 226 ulduar crafted belt. Really this is a question that can be answered in general terms rather than my own situation. Is the trinket good for hunters? It looks odd to me, I love the ap and hate the haste. The belt in my opnion is a beast. Really love it. I know this is a tank sight but I think a lot of smart people check out these forums and im sure someone has hunter experiance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...idge&n=Zaitsev

That is the armory but its hard to pin me down to hit. I have several items of equal item level that I sub in depending on situation.
    Last edited by Vassilly; 12-20-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Add armory

I don't really know much about hunters, but maybe post your armory link to your hunter? the upgrade may depend on current hit/haste levels.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Hunter Trinks and Frost Purchases

Vass, the Herk trink is 10 DPS more than Darkmoon Card Greatness - a 200 iLvL trinket. Dont waste your frost emblems on that trinket. Youll gain more DPS for the Band Of The Night Raven - im guessing 60 - 90 DPS. The belt is currently BIS for most Hunters. Before you purchase though, check out www.femaledwarf.com by importing your character into the spreadsheet and enabling the common shot rotation; update your DPS with your current gear, then change out trinkets, then change out the belt. You'll see what is best for you as the spreadsheet, though not entirely correct, does give a relatively approximate account of DPS.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Malokai on Icecrown

Edit #1 - looking at your toon I must ask why your are dual-wielding. According to DPS analyzers, like Max DPS and Female Dwarf, you are losing 40 DPS by doing so. Yes, the dagger and axe are pretty and have decent stats. Instead of dual wielding you need Quel Delar (the new sword - battered hilt) or the Archon Glaive. Your guild runs Heroic TOC so there is no reason why you are dual-wielding. I see no PvP gear on your toon, so I then must assume you merely like 2 weapons. Dual is fine for PvP, but in PvE and Raiding, it is simply a DPS loser for a hunter. Also, your Talent Tree has points in Hawk Eye. Get rid of these 3 points and put them in Focused Aim; this will give you ~96 points of Hit to regem and re-enchant. As a rule, when you dont need hit, gem yellow sockets with Deadly Ametrines (10 Agi, 10 Crit). When I re-specced your toon by using Focused Aim and equipping Quel Delar, and regemmed your toon properly, I gained 130 DPS. We are comparable toons right now, but really you should out-DPS me - but you wouldnt because your talents are incorrect and you are a dual-wielder. Youre trading 6 yards of distance (for DPS) is costing you MAD DPS (130+ in PvE, but in a raid that number would be ~400 DPS) from a talent/gear perspective. Elitistjerks has some nice forums on what the current builds for hunters produce the most DPS. As a hunter, I am forever regemming, gear trading (I throw nothing away or sell), and re-enchanting to have the best DPS/Hit combinations. Just because an item is iLvL 264 doesnt necessarily mean it fits into my current talent/gear combination to obtain the highest DPS.
    Last edited by shonkwid; 01-13-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Edit 1

+ Reply to Thread