+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Check up: Making sure I'm ready for ICC10

Check up: Making sure I'm ready for ICC10

Greetings, TS. This is my first post here on the forums, and I hope to make it a good one!

I'm currently working on gearing up for ICC10. My current armory link is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ambit+of+Death

I'm a little iffy on my spec. After all the points I thought were necessary were spent, I had 3 left over for either Imp IT or Spell Deflect. I went for SD, but upon further reflection I think this may have been a mistake. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable that me can give me some insight on this.

Also, can anyone recommend any upgrades I can get immediately? This week I'll be getting the T9 chest, and the cape from reg HoR.

Also, any general tips or comments would be appreciated, as I have no raid tanking exp, I've been a DPS since before Naxx in vanilla. Thanks!

If I were putting a group together I would not take you as a tank.

First, your gear is not quite there. Run randoms for heroic emblems and if you can afford it, purchase some crafted gear for immediate upgrades. Also, as far as your enchant for your cloak, don't enchant for agility; armor or defense are the way to go, depending on if you're defense capped or not.

Also, I don't think it's a big deal personally but, Glyph of Raise Dead seems a bit pointless in a Blood build unless you hit it on every CD to maximize your DPS. I carry around 20 Corpse Dust to use Death Pact if I need to, i'd suggest switching that out to Glyph of Blood Tap.

As mentioned before though, your gear just isn't there yet for ICC10. Sure, you could probably tank a few bosses with good heals but, i'd highly suggest picking up some Frost upgrades or craftable gear. Saronite Swordbreakers are a nice and cheap upgrade -- Look for ToC craftables if you're short on gold, they're generally cheap and decent upgrades.

P.S. I can't speak for the effectiveness of Spell Deflection as I've never specced into it but, other than that your spec looks acceptable. Remember though, blood is an active survival tanking spec, get used to popping your CDs and knowing when to use them/when to save them.

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it! I'm still working on the gear upgrades, and trying to find someone on my server that can craft those bracers you mentioned. My server is virtually dead, so crafters are hard to come by

+ Reply to Thread