+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avatar the Movie

"A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

The first is the set-up of characters, with Pandora being a character itself, and it concludes with Jake being allowed into the Na'vi tribe. The second act is Jake's training and eventual acceptance, but it ends with his betrayal and the destruction of the tribe's home. This scene is haunting and full of terrible war-like imagery, although at times I was distracted by the Colonel (Stephen Lang) and thoughts of Wagner playing. These should be actual scrpit.

What I really liked was that the Na'vi were obviously not native to Pandora.
    I mean, think about it. On earth, all higher life forms share the same general form. Two eyes, four limbs, a tail, skull, ribs, etc.
    On Pandora, it's much the same - six eyes, six limbs, two of those weird nerve-ending headtails. Except for the Na'vi. Added to the fact that Na'vi can dominate other life-forms, are telepathic with a verbal language and are completely humanoid in shape, I can only conclude that the Na'vi are a human experiment to settle Pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

who knows maybe world of warcraft movie will look like this when its made.

I tried to watch it and fell asleep :\ I don't get what all the fuss is about I really didn't find the world that amazing, the characters were not really interesting at all and because i read the whole pocahontas comparison before..

Yeah I should watch the full movie and not try do it at 3 am...

For me the best part of the movie (the half of it i saw); a wheel chair guy gaining the abillity to walk again via an avatar...

I'm still not impressed.

It's Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas and stole a bit from Alan Dean Foster's Midworld which would have been awesome if executed properly.

Lotsa bling, nothing else.

District 9 had basically the same plot and made much more of it. A story doesn't change if you simply shuffle around the setting, add copious amounts of money or CGI and some "message" that's either so shallow or so obvious they could have spelled it out without wasting a couple of hours of our lives.
    I fealt as cheated after I went to watch Jurassic Park for the CGI(all 9 minutes of it) and had to suffer thru Sam Neill and annoying kids and pseudoscience and not enough Laura Dern. Frankenstein meets Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World. Somebody had been off his rocker.
    Made millions, too.
    Last edited by Mačl; 07-05-2010 at 10:26 AM.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

me too haven't seen the movie, jus now watched trailer http://www.mtjunkie.org/avatar-2009-12-10/ , but wont we feel any difference between 3D and Bluray

I wasn't impressed by this movie at all. It started out with a bad voice over, and lousy characters, and by one hour into the movie I couldn't take listening to the word "Unobtainium" and had to shut it off. There are so many things wrong with this movie. I just can't believe people made such a big deal over it.

In starting the movie looked its boring but then some good animations really make the movie different . Na'vi charcter is good . overall the movie was good.....

Avatar is a good movie not borring .i really like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good film but over hyped.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

+ Reply to Thread