+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pillars of might

pillars of might

who is crafting these bad boys? if we are shooting for our tier 10 4 piece, which piece is best to use as offset? will it be these legs, or possibly something else like the armor chest from badges? what is the consensus so far...

i have the 258 jarr legs atm, and was lucky to pickup the 245 beasts chest, only 2 of the 258 chests have dropped so far, but i've passed on the first 2, but looking at pillars of might now, i needed to try to find expertise elsewhere..

so i just want to see what ppl here are thinking, are they going to be crafting these leggings in the near future?

A lot of comparison has been done in this thread -> http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

I'm not even going for the T10 until I have all the other badge pieces that I want. Pillars of Might brings a whole knew meaning to the words, "Thunda Thighs." I'm totally picking them up because they're phat. Get it? hur hur. Seriously though they're awesome imo. However if you have the Jaraxxus 258 legs, then you might wait on them and not have them be the first piece you upgrade.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I doubt I'll get them

If I compare the four 264 level tank pants, they have more armor and an extra socket as usefull stats, but they have less avoidance and miss a third effect stat.
    Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

Now, the armor is exctremely nice. I cannot understate how much I like having a ton of armor. For effective health, it's probably the best piece out there by far.

But here's the thing.
    For the first time in a long time, it won't be hard to get extra armor. There's an abundance of extra armor options out there, so these pants lose a lot of their specialness.

One last thing to note is it's lack of defense.
    Now, I can hear all of you think "I have more then enough defense as is." That's true, but I consider defense to be the best avoidance stat there is now. Not because of the avoidance it gives, but because of the effect on block chance.
    With chill of the throne, block chance became a more important stat to consider for paladins and warriors - what I've seen is that more hits are affected by it, and a block still removes a sizable chunk of damage.

The last reason for not wanting it is it's cost - since I will need my emblems for other gear for the forseeable future, this thing would cost over 20k on my server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Cost is a factor, and yes while they're not BiS for avoidance, I think the extra EH is worth it, however I will probably pick up leggaurds of lost hope for an avoidance set as there are some fights that seem like they'll need it.

I still don't think block is a huge factor for warriors in most circumstances, I don't think CotT(and surrounding boss mechanic changes) replaces any previous values/priorities for warriors. I can see it for pallies since with holy shield they were getting unhittable and pushing block off the table, now block isn't pushed off the table and thus has more value than before, but I still think block is a tertiary stat.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

I do have a question for the 4 piece set bonus for Pali's, is that going to negate chill of the throne by giving back 12% dodge for 10 seconds leaving you only suffering from 8% dodge loss, and even then 12% dodge for 10 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown doesnt really seem that appealing, kinda like equipping monarch crab and just mashing that button once a minute. I'm kind of confused as to why they would consider this a "good" 4 set bonus.

I hate the t10 4set bonus for pallies.

Since plea is glyphed, I want to have it active all the time. So for the first minute of the fight, or the first minute after any time where you don't get to hit something for fifteen seconds, you don't have the option of using it.
    So you basically get a cooldown that you can't use in a lot of situations.

Yes, it would offset the chill a bit for ten seconds, but it's still an avoidance cooldown - which isn't terribly reliable anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

I have the same feeling of the warrior T10 set bonuses. It may be situationally useful, but in a raid situation there are so many cooldowns that you can have one running constantly on a tank for minutes (depending on number of priests, palidans, tank rotations, etc. Think Steelbreaker strat) that idk how useful another one will be.

The tier 10 tank legs are very nice too. All around excellent.

I will eventually be making these for myself. Right now, I have 2 sets planned out. One of them uses 4p t10 and I use the badge chest as the non-tier piece. This is because I don't like being under the softcap for expertise, and the t10 legs and badge chest keep me in good shape there. The other set is a EH set (mainly +armor), using 2p t10. I'll use the pillars of might in the second set, but if I want 4p I will be using the cataclysmic chest from badges.

For pure survival, ignoring dps/tps stats, the pillars are probably BiS. Right now tho, there is pretty much no reason to push for these. No fight atm requires a full EH setup (unless you're trying to see how long you can tank the enemy commander on gunship...). I'm going to let my alt feed me the primordial saronite for these, but that will take a bit of time.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 12-20-2009 at 10:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread