+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2H Frost DK Tank advice

2H Frost DK Tank advice

Hey! I've been tanking heroics for a few months and now I'm interested on running RAIDs.
    So i was wondering if there's something wrong with my gear and talents. I'll probably start with VoA, Naxx, ToC and, someday, ICC.

The World of Warcraft Armory

ty all

try to get a 2h weapon with more than 130 or so stam on it, EoR just doesn't have enough on it to be a good tanking weapon.
    replace the red gem on your helmet with +10 hit/15 stam for the 12 stam bonus.
    stick a 10exp+/15 stam gem in your shoulders for your meta.
    pay 10k honor for the 30stam/15 resil shoulder enchant.
    put 18 stam on your gloves, unless threat is a problem.
    Get 4pc T9 ASAP, bonus is hot.
    I'd suggest that as soon as you get the gear to go DW, because it'll up your TPS even more( In my current DW set-up I'm topping out at about 12k TPS without ToT/MD).

The T9 four-piece is nice, but not worth losing either the 245 helm or 245 shoulders in my opinion. Definitely get the other three pieces when you get enough emblems (especially the legs).

Your spec needs a little work. You really ought to have 3/3 Imp Icy Touch for the slow, Acclimation isn't very good (it's nice on certain gimmick fights, but doesn't proc reliably enough to be a good talent the vast majority of the time), Icy Reach is kinda useless in PvE, you probably should spec into 2h spec in the blood tree (4% damage on all your weapon strikes is a huge amount of threat).

Been a while since I did 2h frost so I may be somewhat out of date with this spec, but this is what I would use. I'd also suggest replacing the D&D glyph with Howling Blast - HB glyph gives you a lot of flexibilty with AoE pulls, letting you use HB and BB right away for snap AoE threat instead of using 3 runes to apply and spread your diseases. Just don't use it for single-target unless you're very confident in your threat generation.

Gear looks good. I'd suggest the PvP shoulder enchant (30 stamina instead of 18) and Tuskarr's to boots (you lose 7 stamina and gain a ton of mobility), otherwise it's good.

Tyvm guys

+ Reply to Thread