+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Legacy of Thunder vs. Peacekeeper blade

I don't always agree with Stam Czar, but it is few and far between where I do disagree. Gem stam.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I'm not ocd about stacking stam, but I've always felt as a tank there are only 4 (or 5) gems to use:

straight stam
    def/stam
    hit/stam
    exp/stam
    dodge/stam

I never gem dodge/stam and I don't bother with hit/stam, although given how high my defense is, I might change my mind about that.

But rather than getting into an avoidance/threat/stamina argument the real solution is... keep both weapons.

Gem peacekeeper with some stamina and give it bladeward/blooddraining/mongoose and enchant Legacy of Thunder with accuracy or ye old weapon chain.

Swap out weapons accordingly. The avoidance difference between the two is negligible. But the threat (due to Dwarf racial) and EH (due to socket) difference between the two are not.

I actually tested it a bit, and the peacekeeper blade avoidance was not better than the legacy of thunder when all said and done, plus for a dwarf you lose 5 expertise. Just not worth it when Im already low on it.
    Not that it matters anymore, Ive changed it for another upgrade anyways. And that blade ward and/or blood draining enchant proved to be beyond "hard" to find someone to do..

How did you go about testing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainwreck View Post
    How did you go about testing this?
    By doing what I didnt want to do.. Geming and using it..

+ Reply to Thread