+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it Time to Leave?

Is it Time to Leave?

I've been with my current guild for the last 8 months and truely enjoy the people in guild but lately i've been wanting more in terms of progression and seriousness. Every week it seems like the guild takes a step backwards instead of forward. My question to you is when do you know its time to move on and how do you do so without upsetting the guild you leave?

I currently have 3 chars in guild, our bet dps toon, our best healer, and an alt dk. My thought is to maybe app somewhere else on my healer/dps char and leave the others in guild?

Thanks for your advise.

It depends, do you really want to succeed with progression? If so then do what you can to help lead the group, not just watch whether you are going forward/backwards.

Help everyone you can.

If they can't learn and you are committed to getting more "progression" out of your time in-game, then you already know that it's time to go.

My thought is to maybe app somewhere else on my healer/dps char and leave the others in guild?
    This rarely works and often causes resentment. It's a bit like breaking up with someone you've been dating but asking them to keep walking your dog everyday.
    If you find the progression you are seeking, those other toons are not likely to get much play time.

I'm with Wars, see what you can do to improve your current guild mates if you really like being around them.
    Lastly, it's December, between holidays, end of year business stuff, end of semester stuff, and being cold & flu season it's a slow time for raiding for all guilds, hardcore to casual, world wide. After New Year's things pick up again, give it a couple weeks before running off & apping elsewhere.
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/penlowe

jayhawk, you goto KU?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    jayhawk, you goto KU?
    Ya i went to ku, graduated 2003 then moved to Cali and boy do i miss going to basketball games and mass street.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it another month and do my best at getting people motivated and see how it goes.

Jayhawk, I've been there. Hold on. All hope is not lost. This is the solution that I have used. My guild is Only now hitting Ulduars. We're behind as a group. As a result, I'm running U10's with the guild, and I'm pugging my TOC's and ICC's where I can. The offshoot of that is this. When we get caught up as a group, we will have people that have seen the fights, and have experience therein. We'll also have some geared people to give the others a greater chance of success. Find someone you enjoy running with, and work within their raids as a PUG and it can help bring everyone up in the long run. A rising tide lifts all boats.
    "Peace? I hate the word. As I hate hell, all Allies, and thee." - Bastardized from Shakespeare

<Savage Blood (Horde)> Burning Blade-us. Come join the Frat House

+ Reply to Thread