+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rate these Tanking Weapons

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632

    Rate these Tanking Weapons

    I wanted to make a list of all the relevant tanking weapons with the criteria that they be on live servers and would be available to most active raiders. I excluded Tribute Chest items.

    So in No particular order we have:

    Crusader's Glory (Heroic)
    Crusaders Glory
    Bonebreaking Scepter
    Burnished Quel'Serrar
    Falric's Wrist-Chopper
    Peacekeeper Blade
    Rimefang's Claw
    Titanguard
    Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers
    Shiver

    How to respond:

    1) If I have missed any items that should be on the list please let me know.

    2) Please reply with a list rating the weapons.

    3) Feel free to leave a small note by each if you like describing why you feel its better than the one below it.

    General Request:

    Please refrain from turning this into a debate thread.

    Thanks and have fun. I will be adding my own list once I make sure I haven't missed any.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 12-19-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,485
    1) Crusader's Glory (Heroic) Most EHP, the armor is smexy
    2) Burnished Quel'Serrar Overall Calculations show that it ends up being more EHP than shiver or Sorthalis, IMO
    3) Shiver Most EHP next to sorthalis
    4) Bonebreaking Scepter (though very close to BQS/Shiver) Probably enough stats to justify it over Sorthlis, but tbh 3,4, and 5 area all really close imo
    5) Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers (though I might be willing to trade this and #5, again it's close)
    6) Crusaders Glory again, armor = hot
    7) Peacekeeper Blade socket makes it better than rimfang
    8) Rimefang's Claw stats are slightly better than titanguard
    9) Titanguard I rate this better than Falric's because I think the stats are better than block
    10) Falric's Wrist-Chopper Really good for an anub add tanking set, but that's the only situation where this weapon becomes better than any of the previous ones imo.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 12-19-2009 at 02:49 PM.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    1) Crusader's Glory (Heroic)
    2) Burnished Quel'Serrar
    3) Bonebreaking Scepter (though very close to BQS)
    4) Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers (though I might be willing to trade this and #5, again it's close)
    5) Crusaders Glory
    6) Peacekeeper Blade
    7) Rimefang's Claw
    8) Titanguard
    9) Falric's Wrist-Chopper




    Shiver
    I'd be interested in your whys actually.

    Boda you've missed Honor of the Fallen - Item - World of Warcraft in it's heroic and non-heroic flavors.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    48
    Lol... Aggathon and I just had epic debatage on BQS .. but I'm going to say Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King - Items - Sigrie
    FTW!!! throw the rest away and tank with no weapon cause nothing is worthy until we equip that beast.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    48
    [QUOTE=Aggathon;341085]1) Crusader's Glory (Heroic)
    2) Burnished Quel'Serrar
    3) Bonebreaking Scepter (though very close to BQS)
    4) Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers (though I might be willing to trade this and #5, again it's close)
    5) Crusaders Glory
    6) Peacekeeper Blade
    7) Rimefang's Claw
    8) Titanguard
    9) Falric's Wrist-Chopper

    I am interested as a shield class why you would put Falric's Wrist-Chopper on the bottom when stat wise for shield tanking its better than Crusaders Glory
    with the slightly higher parry percentage making it almost comparable avoidance wise to the dodge on Crusader .43% parry vs .48% dodge, and with Block rating, same str, same stam I would think Falric's outweighs Crusader by a bit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersix View Post
    I'd be interested in your whys actually.

    Boda you've missed Honor of the Fallen - Item - World of Warcraft in it's heroic and non-heroic flavors.
    No I didn't read the OP, please.

    I wanted to make a list of all the relevant tanking weapons with the criteria that they be on live servers and would be available to most active raiders. I excluded Tribute Chest items.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 12-19-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicyco View Post
    Lol... Aggathon and I just had epic debatage on BQS .. but I'm going to say Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King - Items - Sigrie
    FTW!!! throw the rest away and tank with no weapon cause nothing is worthy until we equip that beast.
    Again read the Original Post, please.

    I wanted to make a list of all the relevant tanking weapons with the criteria that they be on live servers and would be available to most active raiders. I excluded Tribute Chest items.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 12-19-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicyco View Post
    I am interested as a shield class why you would put Falric's Wrist-Chopper on the bottom when stat wise for shield tanking its better than Crusaders Glory
    with the slightly higher parry percentage making it almost comparable avoidance wise to the dodge on Crusader .43% parry vs .48% dodge, and with Block rating, same str, same stam I would think Falric's outweighs Crusader by a bit.
    Not if you like armor.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 12-19-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Not if you like armor.
    Chuckle not gonna go into the amount of soak you recieve from 450 armor lets just say that BQS at 100 up time giving 1550 armor on emalon only soaked an average of 350 damage per hit there's a whole thread using Agg's log on his Emalon fight to show it. 1 just 1 xtra block with an average BV of 3K = a helluva lot more EH than the return on 450 armor.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    493
    Apologies, Boda. Must've slipped without the second cup of coffee. That said the bolding you're doing in the replies certainly would've got my eye in the op.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersix View Post
    Apologies, Boda. Must've slipped without the second cup of coffee. That said the bolding you're doing in the replies certainly would've got my eye in the op.
    Your fine, thanks for the suggestion. I edited the OP to highlight those points in bold and add in a general request.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 12-19-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,485
    I updated my list with notes, I also realized I accidentally dropped shiver off the list, lol. I was kinda tired last night =/ Hopefully that gets the thread back on track a little bit! I actually think it's a good and meaningful thread, a lot of threads only list like BiS or easiest to get, or something, but they don't really give a good comparison between them all. If you want later tonight I can do a much more extensive breakdown, that list is really just sort of my initial gut reactions to the weapons.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 12-19-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I updated my list with notes, I also realized I accidentally dropped shiver off the list, lol. I was kinda tired last night =/ Hopefully that gets the thread back on track a little bit! I actually think it's a good and meaningful thread, a lot of threads only list like BiS or easiest to get, or something, but they don't really give a good comparison between them all. If you want later tonight I can do a much more extensive breakdown, that list is really just sort of my initial cut reactions to the weapons.
    Thanks.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts