+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got a Tier Token and 60 Emblems of Frost and feelin the urge to spend....

Got a Tier Token and 60 Emblems of Frost and feelin the urge to spend....

So as the thread title states, I won a tier token this past week in ICC and also hit 60 Frost Emblems. I was planning on spending 50 right away for the cloak, but after getting the token I'm thinking about whether I should get the shoulders, save for the helm, or just get the cloak anyway.

I've read other posts and they all say that the helm and shoulders are the best tier pieces to get, but Deathwhisper and Gunship also drop a helm and shoulders that are about equal with the tier.

Is it worth spending the emblems now or should I wait?

Why'd you take a teir token? /cry.

Go helm or shoulders if you do pick one up though. If you want a breakdown of all that shenanigans -> http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

The belt and gloves are also ridiculously awesome. The cloak is really really good too, but I have the 258 ToGC25 cloak, so it's not as big an upgrade for me as others, but still really really really good and I plan on picking it up eventually.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Personally it depends on the gear you have.

I finally came to the conclusion today that even though there are some tempting items to pick up, my gear is holding up just fine as is so far. I'm going to stockpile my Frosts till I find my gear to be lacking and then re-evaluate what to buy based on how many I have (and whats dropped for me so far).

I talked with the other classes that share my token and they seem to be a bit more excited about theirs, so for the time being I pass to them.

The Tier gear is not really stellar, even at the ilvl 264 stage. As you said the regular drops are pretty close. I find it hard to give in to the threat bonus of 2pc considering how threat is not really an issue (for me at least). The 4pc may indeed be very useful in 25 man hard modes but that remains to be seen at this time.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Why'd you take a teir token? /cry.

Go helm or shoulders if you do pick one up though. If you want a breakdown of all that shenanigans -> http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

The belt and gloves are also ridiculously awesome. The cloak is really really good too, but I have the 258 ToGC25 cloak, so it's not as big an upgrade for me as others, but still really really really good and I plan on picking it up eventually.
    Yeah, I saw it drop and kinda just paniced and decided to bid on it.

Decided to get the cloak though, since I was still rocking the one from Uld 25 and it was a massive upgrade for me. Will probably hang on to the tier token and get either the helm or shoulders, depending on what drops next...

fair enough, cloak is p smexy, and by the looks of it it may be BiS, at least until hardmodes, you'll get some mileage out of it.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I'm quite sure that unless I magically get a juggernaut's vitality out of ToC25 this week, I'm going to be buying the trinket. It's just much, much too badass!

It's moderately unfortunate that you bought the tier piece as there are soooo many good non-set pieces!

I dunno man, you might end up really regretting the trinket purchase. You might have bad luck at drops so far, but there's always the chance you can get a VERY similar item for free (basically) and those 60 badges could have went towards some t10 or a really nice +armor piece. The threat bonus from the 2p will come in handy during some of the fights with adds and the heroics for sure. It's going to be pretty damn fun in pvp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I finally came to the conclusion today that even though there are some tempting items to pick up, my gear is holding up just fine as is so far. I'm going to stockpile my Frosts till I find my gear to be lacking and then re-evaluate what to buy based on how many I have (and whats dropped for me so far).
    I'm doing the same for the time being. In my heart of hearts I enjoy being a threat whore so I'm very appreciative of all the hit and expertise floating around on this tier of gear. My plan, however though, was basically inline with Agg's and I was thinking of scooping up all of this delicious EH gear too however so far I'm doing ok with my 25 toc/10togc gear...

I talked with the other classes that share my token and they seem to be a bit more excited about theirs, so for the time being I pass to them.
    ...which is why I'm doing the same here as well. It'll help the others in my guild gear faster and mean I have less competition down the road when the tokens continue to drop.

The Tier gear is not really stellar, even at the ilvl 264 stage. As you said the regular drops are pretty close. I find it hard to give in to the threat bonus of 2pc considering how threat is not really an issue (for me at least).
    I don't look at it as just a threat booster though. Every little bit of dps helps to kill bosses faster. Plus, as warriors at least, our 2pc is also a single target and aoe booster (vs. DKs that basically got an aoe booster and pallies that basically got a single target booster). It should help us a touch on aoe pulls.

+ Reply to Thread