+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shammy/restodruid/war arms or prot?

Shammy/restodruid/war arms or prot?

The World of Warcraft Armory

I've been running this comp as arms, but I'd like to try and do some prot pvp. I'm nervous though that the teams we face tend to focus the shammy. Would the increased protection I can offer the shammy with stuns/intervene be better then the higher damage as arms?

Also, I was told to get 2pc tier 9 and gem for arp? I cant tell if my gear level is good enough for arp or stick with strength.

as single dps, I'd believe that arms is the only competitive way to kill anyone, but i haven't had the experience as running dual healer prot, unless the shammy is elemental then....

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hes Elemental...

Sorry should have been more clear but the title was long. He puts out alot of dps (or at least did prior to the changes)

ah, prot might be very good then, protecting him and your healer, with stuns is pretty amazing. not to mention your dps as prot is no joke, i find myself being able to bring a healer from 100% to 20% fairly easily by myself, 1 good lavaburst and that healers dead.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I run with an Elemental shaman and a Disc priest. I've almost always been prot, and certainly PvP better as it. We tried a few matches with me as Arms, but both agreed that we were doing better with me as prot.

Our Elemental shaman still gets focused most of the time, and still feels he blows up way too easily despite his gear. I started out focusing healers, but our shammy would still pop before I could generally kill them. I've found we do better when I'm mainly protecting him/our healer until the other team makes a mistake (the get separated/healer blows cooldowns/spell reflect on sheep).

Personally, I don't think elemental shamans mix well with warriors of any spec. There just isn't a lot of synergy, if any, between the two.

Heroic Throw, Charge, Shield Block + Shield Slam, Concussive Blow. Unless their healer does something clever very quickly, that target is as good as dead. And then you can just intervene back to your team using a macro before the enemy team can take advantage of your movement.

Prot PvP is very, very powerful if done properly.

+ Reply to Thread