+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Khilbron's UI

@Dusannn,

Did you do all this,

Installation
    Backup and then delete your WTF and Interface folders.
    Download the UI and extract it to your desktop.
    Open the Folder that matches your resolution (1920x1080, or 1680x1050) then drag the WTF and Interface folders into your WoW folder.
    Open the WTF folder and rename the appropriate folders with YOUR information. All 3 of these must be spelled 100% correctly. Additionally you should use your "old" account name if you have one. Meaning the all caps one you had before the battle.net conversion. If you created your account after the battle.net conversion and do not have an "old" account name, then use your battle.net account name (spelled correctly in e-mail format).
    Account Name (All Caps)
    Your Server Name (First Letter Cap and any punctuation)
    Your Character Name (First Letter Cap)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    @Dusannn,

Did you do all this,

Installation
    Backup and then delete your WTF and Interface folders.
    Download the UI and extract it to your desktop.
    Open the Folder that matches your resolution (1920x1080, or 1680x1050) then drag the WTF and Interface folders into your WoW folder.
    Open the WTF folder and rename the appropriate folders with YOUR information. All 3 of these must be spelled 100% correctly. Additionally you should use your "old" account name if you have one. Meaning the all caps one you had before the battle.net conversion. If you created your account after the battle.net conversion and do not have an "old" account name, then use your battle.net account name (spelled correctly in e-mail format).
    Account Name (All Caps)
    Your Server Name (First Letter Cap and any punctuation)
    Your Character Name (First Letter Cap)
    Yes, everything. I've double checked the spelling and I still get the error message.

Dude truly awesome UI, downloaded last night, took less than 10 minutes to set it up and im lovin it.

Hats off to ya mate, my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusannn View Post
    Yes, everything. I've double checked the spelling and I still get the error message.
    Can you attach or post you config.wtf file plz
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Some of the addons in the pack have updates. They are still working fine but when i got to update gridstatusraiddebuff it says i will overwrite any changes to it. if i update it is there something i need to config or should i just leave it?

Sorry for late responses, I update every addon that is available to update with the curse client. The others remain unchanged. I am also working on a few modifications to the UI that can be heard about in the comments section over on wow interface. But in response to the raiddebuff question, you are fine to update it, overwriting it will not harm the package.

@Dusannn Honestly I don't know what to tell you man, the ui package only contains files for your interface, If you are having issues logging into the game after loading it I would try and contact blizzard, as this sounds like something that stems further than your WTF folder.

Love your UI

Question though, I didn't notice this till i got on an alt but there is no quest tracker.. is some other mod disabling it?

thanks

Excellent UI - going to have to give this a try when I finally get home.

One small question - which is probably a long shot, but you wouldn't happen to have this UI in 1366x768 resolution? (Standard widescreen laptop I think)

Appreciate all you do!

Package has been updated, some addons modified/changed

Quote Originally Posted by Finne View Post
    Love your UI

Question though, I didn't notice this till i got on an alt but there is no quest tracker.. is some other mod disabling it?

thanks
    Another super late response here. The quest tracker is controlled through Chinchilla minimap, you need to make sure that you didn't have a previously installed copy of chinchilla in which it was disabled, If so, you need to enable the tracker in the chinchilla options.

Quote Originally Posted by Onstar View Post
    Excellent UI - going to have to give this a try when I finally get home.

One small question - which is probably a long shot, but you wouldn't happen to have this UI in 1366x768 resolution? (Standard widescreen laptop I think)

Appreciate all you do!
    Sorry to say, no I don't, and unfortunately I will not be making it for any resolutions other than the ones currently provided. I don't even make it for the 1680x1050 resolution anymore because its too much of a hassle and a size hog to have 2 copies of WoW installed so that i can configure 2 different resolutions for my UI setup.

Really love this compilation, thank you for your effort putting it together.

After installing it, though, wow has been crashing for me (and my roommate as well). I believe his is only on logout, whereas mine is upon logout and login as well. I have had only a handful of crashes in years, and none recently, as in several months at least (I can't actually remember the last time it happened).

The error message I receive is:

This application has encountered a critical error:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Requested 4320 bytes of memory

Press OK to terminate the application.

I'm absolutely sure I have plenty of memory available on the machine. Along with this critical error message, I get the WoWError popup to send the info to Blizzard. I could supply that if it would help. Thank you for any assistance.

Ah, well. So I took all of 5 minutes after posting here and found what seems to be the solution. Deleting the Cache folder in the wow directory appears to have solved the issue. I'll just leave this here in case anyone else encounters it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    Ah, well. So I took all of 5 minutes after posting here and found what seems to be the solution. Deleting the Cache folder in the wow directory appears to have solved the issue. I'll just leave this here in case anyone else encounters it.
    That issue is also caused by running the game on super high settings, I have had to lower my view distance to 3 notches below max to make the error go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    That issue is also caused by running the game on super high settings, I have had to lower my view distance to 3 notches below max to make the error go away.
    Ah, thanks for the quick response. Clearing the cache didn't fix the issue other than letting me log back in immediately after. I've been disabling addons left and right to try to isolate the issue, but no luck yet. I could have sworn I had settings maxed before installing the compilation without problem, but I could be wrong. Going to give that a try next.

Blizzard identified the issue as being worse than before once 3.3.5 released.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    Blizzard identified the issue as being worse than before once 3.3.5 released.
    Unfortunately, no adjustments I've made graphically have fixed the issue, so I'm really at a loss on this one. I have not gone through addons one by one. There's just some nasty disagreement between my computer and an addon or two in the compilation. I'm going to keep using it though. The crashes are isolated to logging out, so it's not too huge of a deal.

Wish i could help you more, but without the problem happening on my end, I cannot work towards a resolution, however since they don't interfere with gameplay, only when you are terminating the game, i guess that works for now.

Is this UI 100% functionally with the 4.0.1 Patch?

-Kaylea

Also interested in how this works in 4.0.1 as this is a nice UI.

+ Reply to Thread