+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which piece of gear have you had the longest?

+1 for Platinum Mesh Cloak. Only do 10 mans, so no cloaks in ToC yet (we got our first chest this week). Didn't have any luck in Ulduar. Farmed VoA/25 and Sarth/25 pugs for my heroics to get my cloak (rarely got a chance to do Naxx/25). So I've had it for almost a year as well...

But, I've got 50 Frost Emblems now, so that cloak will soon be no more!

I still have the Signet of the Impenetrable Fortress which I use from time to time (threat set) so if occasional use items count, then that would now be be the oldest (got it before the cloak actually).

If talking something I always wear... then it's T7.5 legs which I bought in Ulduar when I just couldn't get anything to drop (again no legs in ToC for 10 man and so far DBS likes to drop that stupid dps chest).

Sad my 3 oldest pieces are consolation prizes I bought with emblems when nothing else would drop.

Bracers of the Unholy Knight from Naxx25. I had these for nearly a year until the 245 ones from ToC25 dropped.

I must be lucky and in a very good guild because ive replaced lost things...but the darkmoon card of greatness. Had it a year and probably wont upgrade it cause it's still awesome even though its level 200.

Shiver.

By choice. I worked hard (at the time) for that thing, so by God I plan to use it till I get an ICC equivalent.
    "To a Gnome, all avoidance is dodge."
    Road70Beyond.Blogspot.com

My piece of junk ilvl 200 tanking sheild. I rarely ever see shields drop from the bosses theire "supposed to" and if they do, someone else get them.
    Thats what you get for having a life and not being able go hardcore raiding I guess..

My Skull of Ruin from naxx 10.

Honestly, If this shield was a dog, he'd be my best friend in the lushest dog house i could buy him. Got rid of everything else, but still have him in the bank.

He's not pretty, he's not the bestm but he's been loyal and solid since ooh...a week after Wrath came out?

He and I did everything up to Gormok TOC 25 HC together as well.

Damn EPGP ftl

I've had my shields on my Paladin in both my Holy and Prot specs

Prot: Barricade of Eternity - Item - World of Warcraft
    Holy: Aegis of Damnation - Item - World of Warcraft

The worst problem is how often I ran Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10/25 I hadn't got a shield.
    Caboose: My dad always said "Why buy the cow? When you can get the milk for free."
    Church: Rookie did you just call my girl friend a slut?
    Tucker: I think he just called her a cow.

JC Crab trinket. Stamina, 2 sockets and the godly 1 minute (ONE MINUTE!!!) on use I've found it extremely difficult to replace, but then again I've been doing mostly 10 man progression.

No. 2 would be the Platinum Mesh Cloak, but got the Frost Badge cloak a few days ago, armor and socket are mmm so nice.

I actually went cloak of the shadowed sun from naxx all the way up to Pride of the eradar. its either that or titanguard, got that the first time i downed FL back when 3.2 was new and shiny. still got it, i've passed ardent guard twice now as Less well geared tanks needed it more (they're something repulsive about tanking with the PKB) and one's no rerolled a holy pally, and the other ditched his tanking spec for holy pvp.

if i'd have know that i'd be dual wieldong the buggers by now.

Definitely the Cloak of the Shadowed Sun, I have had that thing for almost a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    Definitely the Cloak of the Shadowed Sun, I have had that thing for almost a year now.
    I'm still rocking this on my dk, even in ICC! Cloak as first upgrade? YUP!

Lavinthor's Talisman is the item I use regularly that I've had the longest...but I don't use it to tank bosses obviously. I had the mesh cloak forever, but I finally bought the Iron Council 10 cloak from the AH for 800g a month ago. I guess the JC trinket is my oldest still-in-use-on-bosses item, although a few more emblems of frost and it'll be retired.

Idol of the Corruptor - Item - World of Warcraft

fairly certain I got it the first week ulduar was out back when it was still a drop. It pains me that the TOC idol was so bad for tanking it was in fact not even a sidegrade it was down right downgrade.

That said I still use cloak of the shadowed sun for anub tanking with an NR enchant on it.

if we are talking ever.... the exalted tanking ring from kara. as a druid there was nothing even close to it EVER and the one that was almost close had block on it.

Up until a few days ago it was Cloak of the Makers from Auriya in Uld 25. Now it's my Titanguard.

Wahaa! Finally replaced my Cloak of the Shadowed Sun with the 245 version of Pride of the Eredar. I miss the armor, but the extra stamina is nice... although Pride of the Eredar is surprisingly ugly...

That makes my Bracers of the Unholy Knight my oldest piece now.

A few items of note
    Idol of Terror, Until I got Corruptor (which I am still using)

HYDROCANE! This mighty drop from old gnomergan was the bomb until the wotlk fishing pole from rep. Wield this while in kitty form allowed hours and hours of fun underwater farming motes of water back in TBC. Because I was always jealous of shamans and warlocks.

And finally
    Hearthstone. 'Nuff said.

I've had the Wall of Terror longest in my current set. New shields hate me passionately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

My Hammerhead Sharkskin cloak. I've had it since a few months after WotLK hit. Thank God they added 264 badge cloaks. No more horrible 213 cloak for me.

For me it would be my Titansteel shieldwall on both my warrior AND my pally, finally got rid of it today when neverending winter dropped but my pally still has it :S. In BC it was my Bloodlust broach on my hunter, Heroics till muuru i had that!

Waistguard of Living Iron for me. 3 more days worth of frost badges though, and it's gone....

+ Reply to Thread