+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter

I have seen unholy dps do some pretty silly good self-healing with this thing. I'm itching to get my hands on one while i test unholy tanking. It would certainly make for quite a bit of giggles if i could self-heal (randomly, and certainly often overheal, but still self-healing) via this and weaving in death-strikes as threat allows. Assuming the proc rate wasn't abyssmal (and it doesn't seem so) this could be a great weapon choice for a lot of current and upcoming content.
    Last edited by Proletaria; 12-28-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Our only other DK besides me is an Unholy DPS DK and he picked this up last week. Its accounting for anywhere around 5%-8% of his total damage.

Since nobody else wanted it, I'm going to be giving up my 10m Saurfang Axe and try this one out, to see if I notice a difference in threat, survivability, and so on, next time it drops.

Disclaimer: I am a blood death knight tank wielding Bryntroll, The Bone Arbiter. I did two Target Dummy tests on the friendly neighborhood Highlord's Nemesis Trainer, both five minutes long.
    The first trial, I just went through my rotation, full disease uptime, with no cooldowns such as Vampiric Blood or Hysteria. I did this behind the target, as to not be hindered by parries.

My top damage attacks were:
    Ability # %of damage
    1. Melee (85) 24.0%
    2. Heart Strike (66) 23.8%
    3. Death Strike (37) 15.6%
    4. Death Coil (47) 10.9%
    5. Drain Life (27) 10.3%
    6. Blood Plague DoT (91) 5.2%
    7. Frost Fever DoT (93) 5.1%
    8. Plague Strike (17) 3.0%
    9. Icy Touch (17) 2.0%

My Death Strikes heal for 6802. Overall, Death Strike healed for 251672.
    My Drain Life ability hit for 26/27 times, the average being 2355 and the maximum being 2565. The complete damage for the Drain Life over the course of the fight was 61240 health stolen. This health stolen is approximately 24% of the total health generated with Death Strike.
    Sorry this trial was crappy, since Drain Life didn't have a minimum due to missing.

My second trial I used my regular rotation, with full disease uptime, but including Vampiric Blood. I reapplied both it as soon as it came off cooldown each time.

My top damage attacks were:
    Ability # %of damage
    1. Melee (85) 24.5%
    2. Heart Strike (54) 21.8%
    3. Death Strike (39) 18.2%
    4. Death Coil (40) 10.1%
    5. Drain Life (16) 7.1%
    6. Blood Plague DoT (93) 6.0%
    7. Frost Fever DoT (91) 6.0%
    8. Plague Strike (18) 3.7%
    9. Icy Touch (19) 2.6%

My Death Strikes did a minimum of 6802, an average of 7989, and a maximum of 10560. Overall, Death Strike healed for 303569
    My Drain Life ability hit for 16/16 times, the minimum being 1928, the average being 2306, and the maximum being 2572. The complete life stolen for the Drain Life was 36889. This is approximately 12% of the total health gained with Death Strike.
    Although I did not have time for more trials, I may conduct more. The proc seems so random that testing with Vampiric blood is tricky. I will try it out again later. From what I can see, however, is that, if Vampiric Blood did affect it, it wasn't substantial. I will say that I have noticed an increase in threat with Bryntroll. The survivability issue is more difficult to observe though. I'll keep an eye on it.

my main interest is how it effects your tps. You report a threat increase, what kind of numbers?

Is it more of a threat gain then say shadows edge?

Alrighty. So I honestly haven't tanked very much with Bryntroll, having just gotten it last week. However, on a straight up tank and spank fight (10 Man Rotface), I did a consistent 9-11k TPS. I don't have Shadow's Edge to compare it to though. Using Bryntroll, I saw threat spikes while the proc would happen. Seems pretty darn interesting to tank with, to say the least.

I have now tanked some ICC10 with bryntroll with blood spec, here is the log.

as you can see, 50% of the healing was overhealed, I would not take this over saurfangs axe which has much better tanking stats.

Well, the healing proc serves more for a threat boost than actual self-healing since it is random. That being said, i'd almost always take a stat weapon since the best EH gear tends to lack hit/expertise.

+ Reply to Thread