+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Healing and Lord Marrowgar

  1. #1

    Healing and Lord Marrowgar

    Just wanted to let people know of a nice healing reprieve during Lord Marrowgar:

    If you seem to be having trouble healing everyone while dodging the lines of fire go ahead and stand directly under him. As long as you stand within the red targeting circle the Cold Flame lines will arc over you and not land.

    Do note however that if your entire raid is within melee range he will begin to target the tanks with cold fire as well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    132
    The flames from Marrowgar are trivial to dodge and healable in any case. Majority of the damage will probably be the Saber Lashes the tanks take.
    Healing is the source of life. Without it, you're left with death.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Espillion View Post
    The flames from Marrowgar are trivial to dodge and healable in any case. Majority of the damage will probably be the Saber Lashes the tanks take.
    Yes, but running out of the Coldflame is time where you may not be able to heal during a critical moment. Plus, there's the benefit that melee can help break you out of any Bonespike Graveyards that land on you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Roana View Post
    Yes, but running out of the Coldflame is time where you may not be able to heal during a critical moment. Plus, there's the benefit that melee can help break you out of any Bonespike Graveyards that land on you.


    TBH it's easier to take a tick or so of the flame to finish an important cast than move out, and besides you see it coming towards you way before it hits you so there's plenty of time to pre-empt an opportunity to move a few steps sideways.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Xianth View Post
    TBH it's easier to take a tick or so of the flame to finish an important cast than move out, and besides you see it coming towards you way before it hits you so there's plenty of time to pre-empt an opportunity to move a few steps sideways.
    Assuming you can. We squeezed in a couple of attempts on the 25-player version after ToC 25 a couple of days ago, and there were times when I literally couldn't take that much time off tank healing when another tank healer got impaled without tank health immediately becoming critical.

    The 10-player version has a much larger margin for error, yes.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts