+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shadowmourne as a tanking weapon

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    It's been asked in the quest forum several times and there have been no response other then "The next person to get it wont be far behind"

EDIT: on another note, wtf am i going to do with bryntroll... this thing sucks in your off hand

Apparently the "quest item" tag has been removed from the shards.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Apparently the "quest item" tag has been removed from the shards.
    It has, but as i brought up to baklava, if you could loot the item without the quest we would be seeing the shards by now wouldnt we?

Not necessarily, imo I have no f***ing idea how it's gonna work. I think you should have to do the quest lines on heroic mode, then kill arthas on normal, and the shards would drop like the quest item scenario you brought up, but then again I'm not a blizzard dev.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

We will know in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Yes, it's clearly a dps weapon. And dks are clearly designed to tank with dps weapons.

Ramaladni's Blade of Culling - Item - World of Warcraft <- looking at this item, do you understand what I mean about intent now?

Pfft I'm taking it, so I can tank ret spec'd in 5 man heroics......... not...... it's going to go to our ret pali who's been there from day 1, who's respec'd every time we needed an off tank or an xtra healer, who's spent almost as much time working on and with our guild as I have, never complains when he doesn't get picked to go on the raid cause we need an xtra caster dps and who truly deserves it and will benefit his toon and our raid the most. And for the quests I'm going to go heals or ret and let him tank so he can get the quests done a bit easier. We've got all our alts farming badges and storing saronite just for this and the BiS patterns once we have enough. Sadly though there will be a lot of selfish gm's and raid leaders who see orange pixel's and want it just to say they have it and a lot of players who need and deserve it a lot more that wont get it.

That being said .... legendary healing mace, legendary axe for dps or dk tanks, Quel Delar for dps, casters and dk/druid tanks...... isn't it about time for 1 hander tanks to get something? And don't say Quel Serar which is a PoS imo I mean really 76 +- stam no stats and an occasional def proc...... I mean seriously? For real? We didn't even bother sharding it just sold it for the trash it is.

BQS rocks! shut yo mouf!

Seriously though, the uptime on Sanctuary is pretty high. The only weapon I think is better is the H-10m anub weapon.

Also: have you see the arthas tanking weapons? /drool.

The 10man hardmode weapon? Yeah...I'll take two of those on my dk please. I don't even care about the speed.

You know the SNL skit "Jizz in my pants" Ya when I saw that weapon... that... <---

When bruce willis was dead at the end of sixth sense....

Off topic but still.

I just ate a grape...

Though my favorite is:

Last Night
    I saw a Film
    As I recall it was a Horror Film
    I walked outside into the rain
    Looked at my phone and saw you rang
    and I...

/threadjacked?

Okay so... Shadowmourne is cool right?

Shadowmourne is so cool I want to be On a Boat, or your Mother's Lover, or maybe put my D*** in a Box for it....

If you're a dk tank there really isn't much need to go for shadowmourne except, "ZOMG LEGENDARY, ORANGE 344deeeps, cool proc RAWR!"

Which really isn't the idealistic thing to do here, though I'm still going to try to get one.

well almost 300 stam is awesome too, but tbh if I were a DK I'd be passing that to a DPS unless I hated all the DPS and they were bad and had poopy pants.

I'll try to get one of the quest drops are like % per person or w/e, but if they have to be distributed like the Fragments of Valy'nyr, then screw it 'cuz I'd be like 8th in line or something. I haven't gotten a PvE weapon in an instance since betrayer of humanity.

Yeah I'm basically raid leading our alt/b-team 25man ICC so I'm going to do what I can to LOLNINJA the stuff on my dk because I'm pretty awesome...well and that I'm one of the few people who have a clue about things that are going on in there.

A Death Knight who is exclusively a tank can gain a lot of stamina from the sockets. The proc should be unholy AoE-threat!

As a Death Knight tank, who has a not-disrespect-worthy DpS set, I'd love to go for Shadowmourne and simply swap runes as necessary, while gemming it with a Sovereign Dreadstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wars View Post
    . . .If you're a dk tank there really isn't much need to go for shadowmourne. . .
    It's a legendary; it cannot be useless. ;P
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/...83400JYOhf.png

Obviously it can't be! I still want one!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    BQS rocks! shut yo mouf!

Seriously though, the uptime on Sanctuary is pretty high. The only weapon I think is better is the H-10m anub weapon.

Also: have you see the arthas tanking weapons? /drool.
    Yeah the arthas stuff ... sigh ... soooo yummy.... and BQS sucks I put the math for it in the BQS posts.

Ya, I saw it, I think you're wrong, no offense.

I don't think anyone made mention of this but Death Knights get avoidance from strength.

Forceful Deflection - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Increases your Parry Rating by 25% of your total Strength.

So if the 40 Strength buff does in fact stack, that's 400 strength or 100 Parry Rating at max stack, not a lot but still, avoidance. Not to mention it strength is affected by Kings and such.

So...I really see no problem with it being a DK tank weapon, more power to them I guess.

+ Reply to Thread