+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ashen Verdict tank ring proc

Quote Originally Posted by craggan View Post
    It dropped yesterday as we were farming trash-mobs before the 1st boss... in ICC 10 ... Woot... I guess it's a bug that ilvl 264 item drops from Trash in ICC 10 ...

Harbinger's Bone Band - Items - Sigrie
    Wow grats, we got item lvl 200 BOE caster shield drop off of 25 man trash on our way to Marrowgar. I can only guess it was a world drop as I gave it to our guild auctioneer without really giving a good look at it seeing caster stats on it.

I notice a lot of people are attempting to track uptime in different heroics, however the highest uptime for the ring along with the new trinket "Unidentifiable Organ" should be in ICC with the 20% reduction to dodge. Since both are based on actually being struck by an attack, i would imagine the uptime on both to much higher in ICC then out of it.

Im wondering if the proc on this ring will change for better or worse with the announced PPM changes?
    Changes to PPM procs
    We changed the way PPM procs work to make sure many of the weapons and trinkets did their expected performance in Icecrown instead of proc'ing too much for some specs or classes or forcing players into unusual behavior to try and fish for the procs. This change also affected some older mechanics in the game too such as the Berserking enchant. For the most part the intent is that these systems all proc off of attacks and they are balanced with that assumption.

At this time we're happy with the damage that characters are now doing after these changes, though we'll continue to monitor and adjust damage overall and that includes the proc-based items.
    Source

Thoughts?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

They specifically mention weapons and trinkets. The ring is... well, it's a ring. Unless the statement is poorly worded, it doesn't sound to me like they are modifying the proc rate on the rings.

The PPM change does not affect the ring proc at all, simply because the ring is not based on PPM. Not to mention it has an ICD, which makes the proc 'immune' to the latest PPM change.

The PPM change is there to fix/nerf/balance (pick what you like) the differences between classes using procs and abilities other than the direct-control ones to gain a higher uptime than was originally intended. A Mutilate Rogue with Deadly Brews technicly had 3 extra chances to proc weapon procs when applying Deadly with his/her weapon (Deadly, Instant & Crippling applications). Or so the major outcry from Rogues on the forums seem to indicate, as I do not play one actively myself. (seriously though, how would you not see that getting tweaked?)

If anything, this only changes the value for Mongoose/Blade Ward, as those are tanking procs without ICD that happen when we attack, not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Doh I completely missed that rings were not included. Wishful thinking I guess
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I'm hoping Blizzard will fix this ring and make this ring like the Hyjal one back in the day.

Last night we did the Blood Prince Council fight and thought I would check the uptime on it. I was tanking Valanar so I (a prot warrior) was getting hit constantly throughout the entire fight - physical damage.

Uptime. 7.7%.

Fight time 6:30
    From WoL's
    Frostforged Defender 3 30.0 7.7 % #

Seems very unpredictable, but Blood Princes fight is good place to check uptimes since you're being hit non-stop through the fight. Checked out logs from our 10man kill and ring did not proc at all.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by deltagarrett View Post
    From 7% to 11% here.

You can see our logs here: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...6664021#buffer

Not bad tbh.
    A 7% to 11% change in a single log doesn't mean they changed it - both are possible with the same proc chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5735&e=5915

Above link is to my 10 man Blood Princes kill. 3 minute fight with me tanking both Valanar and Taldaram.

It procced once. This only illuminates the absurdity of the low proc chance, since there is no way a tank would tank 2 bosses in the 25 man version.

They need to change the uptime on this --- would be fine if they did and lowered the armor proc.

It'd be great if they turned it into an on-use ability, though they'd probably have to reduce it's potency or give it a once-per-fight cooldown.

I wouldn't say that a single tank can't tank both melee princes, though - even in 25man it doesn't seem undoable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Our Blood Prince kill log from 24.01.10 showed a 6.1% uptime (3 procs) over a 8m 14s fight with me tanking Taldaram the entire time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...=10205&e=10700

Quote Originally Posted by Repartee View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5735&e=5915

It procced once. This only illuminates the absurdity of the low proc chance, since there is no way a tank would tank 2 bosses in the 25 man version.
    I did 6.6% uptime on armour proc.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5277&e=5585
    Last edited by Gellor; 01-26-2010 at 08:54 AM.

I stand corrected! Sheesh Gellor, were you spiking at all? I spiked a couple times in 10 man tanking both --- not enough to proc Ardent Defender though.
    Noticed you got one guardian spirit cast on you.

Seriously going to try to convince my raid to tank both tonight. Thanks. :-P

5% uptime on queen kill in 10man, 7% uptime on our queen attempts in 25man last week.

Definitely banking this until it gets "looked at" a bit harder by the devs. I certainly don't need the hit. Then again, the str version of the dps ring comes out soon. Might as well swap versions of the ring and buff ye old offset, getting some use out of it in the mean-time.

Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. I got hte GS when one of my pally healers had to run from an empowered fire orb. Did the fight again last night, a one shot parse linked below. Surprisingly didn't take significantly more damage than the equally geared pally tanking Keleseth. I was taking 6584dps and the pally took 4749dps. According to WoL I spiked at 12484dps for max damage taken, and as little as 1kdps. reviewing the log it appears I didn't use Shield Wall, although I could of sworn I did. Don't recall coming close to death at all on the kill either.

PS: 3.6% uptime on ring this fight

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6709&e=6988

Ok, so:

We have established the ring proc is terribad.

Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    Ok, so:

We have established the ring proc is terribad.

Next?
    Is it [--|THIS|------------------] terribad or |THIS|--[--------------------------] bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

It's still a pretty hefty Stam ring, along with nice defensive stats and some thrown in hit, it's probably not as good as armor rings on fights like Festergut or phase 3 Putricide, but it's definitely a swappable piece in and out on fights where you can spare some armor. Maybe...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread