+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parry Haste

Parry Haste

Hi,

I tried searching for this information but was unable to find it.

Did Blizzard implement the selective bosses that parry haste?

If they did which bosses parry haste now? Or is it more selective to the ones that don't parry haste.

---

Currently I am gemming to get to my expertise cap, but I am not having issues with threat at the moment. If there are only a few bosses that have parry haste, i'd be able to regem for avoidance or stm.

you can count on most bosses parry hasting. Exceptions are the extremely hard hitters like gormok.

Parry haste in ICC is less of a concern then it was previously, as the bosses swing for relatively less then they did in previous content (the caveat being that more swings land due to Chill).

Obviously expertise is still important, just not as important as previously.

There are only a few bosses flagged with no parry haste. If you look around here you will find the list.

Don't gem for avoidance.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    Parry haste in ICC is less of a concern then it was previously, as the bosses swing for relatively less then they did in previous content (the caveat being that more swings land due to Chill).

Obviously expertise is still important, just not as important as previously.

There are only a few bosses flagged with no parry haste. If you look around here you will find the list.

Don't gem for avoidance.
    Heeeey there's nothing wrong with avoidance!

Thanks for the feedback.

I am specifically concerned with Lord Marrowgar, since he hits fast and hard, is he affected by parry haste?

Also for gemming, I am currently gemming "def + stm" in my yellow helm slot (+12 stm socket bonus), because the socket bonus is fairly good here.

Parry haste isn't just less of a concern in ICC. I'd argue that it's less of a concern in LK since there are no crushing blows anymore.

The rule of thumb isn't just that a boss hits hard, but that he either his hard *and* fast (Patchwerk). Or he hits hard *and* has instant abilities (Gormok). Hard hitting bosses (for the content) like Malygos still parry haste.

I'd argue that none of the bosses in ICC fit this criteria so far and would expect them all to parry-haste. Although at the rate they're hot-fixing Marrowgar...

But since I stated a rule of thumb, it's only fair I mention a boss that doesn't fit, Ignis doesn't parry haste and he hits slow and has no instant casts... I guess he hits very hard and can hit harder as the fight goes on necessitated it? Or just the fact that he's ane 'entry' level boss. I dunno.

There does exist selective parry-hasting in raid zones. Gormok in ToGC (I would imagine normal, too, but I can't back that up) does not, but other bosses in there do. The trouble with worrying about parry-hasting, however, is that it has to fall into a certain portion of the mob's swing timer to even have an effect (which is, I believe, great than half of the remaining swing left; so you have about a second to a second-and-a-half window in which a parried attack of yours will actually matter).

Last i heard Marrowgar doesnt parry gib. This is due to 3 people having to stand infront of him and would but the MT at a disadvantage of getting the probability of 3 people parry gibbing the boss. Hope that helps

can anyone find out what bosses have parry haste turned on so we know when to switch to the high expertise set ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    can anyone find out what bosses have parry haste turned on so we know when to switch to the high expertise set ?
    The overall "point" of how they're changing tanking with how mobs hit in ICC and CotT in relation to parry haste is that even if a mob parry gibs, it's not as big of a deal, yes there will be a damage spike, but it makes expertise less of a need than in previous situations (which is why they turn it off for mobs that can parry gib you). Keep your normal EHP sets on even if a boss might parry. Blizzard has been trying to get away from the frustrating "wtf the tank just died because he got parry gibbed, thus got hit twice in a row and since each hit is more than half his HP pool, he died and there's absolutely NOTHING your raid could ahve done about it" scenarios.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by rockerBOO View Post
    I am specifically concerned with Lord Marrowgar, since he hits fast and hard, is he affected by parry haste?
    Marrowgar shouldn't be a concern for you. He either casts Saber Lash, or he auto-attacks, but never both at the same time. If he's casting Saber Lash, he doesn't benefit from parry haste (or at least he doesn't seem to), as it's not on the normal auto-attack cycle, if he's auto-attacking (briefly at the start of combat and after Bone Storm ends), only one tank gets hit so it shouldn't unduly stress healing.

Not to revive an old thread but Festergut parry gibs. Don't stack tanks on that fight, at least not on 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Parry haste isn't just less of a concern in ICC. I'd argue that it's less of a concern in LK since there are no crushing blows anymore.

The rule of thumb isn't just that a boss hits hard, but that he either his hard *and* fast (Patchwerk). Or he hits hard *and* has instant abilities (Gormok). Hard hitting bosses (for the content) like Malygos still parry haste.

I'd argue that none of the bosses in ICC fit this criteria so far and would expect them all to parry-haste. Although at the rate they're hot-fixing Marrowgar...

But since I stated a rule of thumb, it's only fair I mention a boss that doesn't fit, Ignis doesn't parry haste and he hits slow and has no instant casts... I guess he hits very hard and can hit harder as the fight goes on necessitated it? Or just the fact that he's ane 'entry' level boss. I dunno.

Ignis was nerfed HARD in the first week of Ulduar because 90% of guilds couldn't heal through the damage.

Also on the Festergut comment, what do you mean by stacking tanks, specifically? There's no saberlash, and if one gets parry-hasted, that has no effect on the other, aside from taunting if tank 1 dies.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 01-06-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Festergut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I think he means don't place the two tanks on-top of each other... then of the OT got parried he'd haste the attack on the MT.

Which is a staple of wow melee. Don't stand in front of the boss unless you HAVE to.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

That's exactly what I mean. On Festergut you need to do a tank rotation, and it's easy to just be lazy and have all three tanks stand on top of each other. Don't do it. You will get gibbed, especially if you've got Pally tanks who just ignore expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitpea View Post
    Not to revive an old thread but Festergut parry gibs. Don't stack tanks on that fight, at least not on 25m.
    I think he means don't place the two tanks on-top of each other... then of the OT got parried he'd haste the attack on the MT.

Which is a staple of wow melee. Don't stand in front of the boss unless you HAVE to.
    Duh, sorry. My bad there!

Quote Originally Posted by Splitpea View Post
    That's exactly what I mean. On Festergut you need to do a tank rotation, and it's easy to just be lazy and have all three tanks stand on top of each other. Don't do it. You will get gibbed, especially if you've got Pally tanks who just ignore expertise.
    No. Warriors still hold the throne of being parried like crazy. Paladins do few attacks that will always be accounted for parry. With SoV up, Autoattacks and Hammer attacks can both be parried and their sov proc can also be parried...

BUT!
    If your autoattack was parried, or if your hammer was deflected, the sov proc will never happen. You will never see a double parry from a paladin's single attack.

And then comes in Festergut hitting me for over 30k while I'm in my armor heavy set.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    And then comes in Festergut hitting me for over 30k while I'm in my armor heavy set.
    Srsly. Healsplox.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    With SoV up, Autoattacks and Hammer attacks can both be parried and their sov proc can also be parried...
    ShoR was changed in 3.3, it is now a melee attack and is parriable.

+ Reply to Thread