+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior tweaking

Fury warrior tweaking

Hopefully my armory updates back to fury before yall see it, but I am looking for tweaks to up my dps. My dps currently is 5-5.5k single target and anywhere from 7k-9.5k aoe, but I am always looking to improve.

The World of Warcraft Armory

The area Im kinda worried about is my expertise, but Im not sure if I should gem for exp cause I would lose my arp cap. And of course if yall see anything else of issue let me know.
    Last edited by mandoro; 12-17-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Strength > ArP for fury. Unless you have 2 armor sets, I would drop one of your specs because the gemming is COMPLETELY different. Essentially in Fury, you HAVE to be at 26/26 expertise, Hit capped (5% with 3/3 precision), and gem all strength unless you are close to ArP cap (with proc from trinket).

Check out Thegreatme's Fury Warrior guide in the DPS section, that should get you on the right path as well.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

246 is too much hit, 18 is too little exp

5.5k at your gear level seems to be about average. what is your dps on the saurfang fight?

Well all the gemming there is for Fury, I have the needle-encrusted scorpion and I hit cap when that procs. I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of hit, I dont have any hit gems or enchants besides icewalker, and Im still trying to figure out if I should get ap to boots instead.

Ive followed thegreatme's guide and that is what has gotten me here, but Im still hesitant to gem exp. Im wondering that if even though I can proc 100% arp if I should go back str and gem for exp cause I dont have enough slots as it is without losing my 100% arp proc.

Ive been using landsoul's spreadsheet to figure it all out and from what Ive reason elsewhere runestone is only a little bit better then what I have, so I have been using that since I cant figure out how to add items to the spreadsheet that have procs. I did add the tyrannical beheaders and my boots to my spreadsheet, so all is good there. Landsoul's spreadsheet said there would be an increase but I didn't think it was high enough to justify spending all the money on gems.

I dunno about that being Fury gemming... I don't see any strength gems at all, just all ArP. Try substituting all strength gemming into landsouls spreadsheet and see what happens to your dps.... or go 1/2 strength, 1/2 arp.

Well I used to be str gems before I got the needle-encrusted scorpian. I did put in all str gems and the change again was minimal. I put 10 str/10 crit in my yellow slots because the spreadsheet had shown a dps increase.

I found out I was having an issue. The arp amount seems to be overstated and I cant figure out how to switch stances. I do believe with my adjustments that I get more dps with str/crit in my gear as opposed to arp. I will switch tonight and see what I get in the raid tonight.

Ok so as an update, tonight it seemed that my dps as a whole was lower with str and str/crit gems as opposed to arp. We did the same pulls and the same boss as last night and group make up was the same if not better than last night and I was still doing less dps. I dont know whats going on.

Are you monitoring your slam! procs? Sometimes you can also have a rough night (I messed it up bad last night in ToC 10 on FC when I swapped to DPS) as well. The spreadsheets are also theoretical DPS. You can get RNG'd out of your DPS boosts as well. (ie. Slam! will proc 3 times instead of 7)

Yea, I have power auras and use it for my slam procs I never missed one. Im getting the belt of titans made today and am gonna get the cloak with exp on it when I get the badges so I can raise my exp up to acceptable

+ Reply to Thread