+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Health in ICC

Health in ICC

Hello,

I'm almost getting to the point where I can buy something with my new shiny emblems of frost, but I'm not really sure what to buy yet. I was thinking about the stamina trinket first, but then I thought if any fights in ICC will actually need players to have high healthpools.

Since I'm already at 40k health unbuffed with my glyph of indomitability equipped, and I didn't really have any issues in ICC so far that my health was too low I started to doubt if this was the right upgrade. I've got the normal juggernaut's vitality and the brewfest trinket for stamina at the moment, but would any fight in ICC actually require me to have a high health pool? (I've only done the first 4 fights and therefore only know their mechanics). Or would I be better off upgrading my gear with some more avoidance/armor.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    My armory link if it helps anything.

regards,

Xyras

Right now, no, there are not really any fights that require a huge health pool (unless you are trying to do something crazy like "I'm on a boat"). I am sure that will change in the future in some other parts of ICC and especially once we get into the hard modes.

Looking at the armory, you don't have any big pressing needs, but I would not bother getting the T10 set pieces until you know are going to get the mark to upgrade them from 25 man Saurfang.

The trinket is a good choice because it is something you are probably going to keep through the rest of the expansion for your EH set and there are not real loot drop alternatives. You can look at the loot lists from the rest of the raid zone though and compare the other emblem loot to see what you are less likely to replace from drops.

I would (and am) saving for the cloak. A solid pad of armor makes me a happy panda.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I was going to go for the trinket, until I saw the Sindragosa trinket from 25 IC.

Sindragosa's Flawless Fang - Items - Sigrie

Much, much better than the Skeleton Key, and easy enough to wait for if you have a Juggernaut's Vitality.

Imo, go for the belt. It's the biggest stat upgrade for you probably.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I went for the gloves because in my case, they were the biggest upgrade. Since there are no tanking gloves out of ToGC 25, and because I didn't have a mark yet, these were the best for me. I still have room to grow in terms of a cloak, trinket, and belt, so I figured I'd get the gloves and go from there.

Just took the 264 Set shoulders ... Happy Pigs !

About sindragosa's trinket, it is a magic resist use so it is really dedicated to a particular use.

The skeleton key, even with its 3200 dam absorbs / 2min is maybe more usefull.

(I apologize for my bad English)

Sindragosa's Fang will not be better than Skeleton Key for every fight. For the magic damage fights, it will be much better. For physical damage fights, Skeleton Key will be better. But assuming you already have a Juggernaut's Vitality or even Heart of Iron paired with Glyph of Indomitability or Unidentifiable Organ, you would probably want to leave the Skeleton Key to be one of the last things you spend your emblems on.

ya, imo Unidentifiable Organ is hawt and overall will probably be better than skeleton key.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Torebore View Post
    Sindragosa's Fang will not be better than Skeleton Key for every fight. For the magic damage fights, it will be much better. For physical damage fights, Skeleton Key will be better. But assuming you already have a Juggernaut's Vitality or even Heart of Iron paired with Glyph of Indomitability or Unidentifiable Organ, you would probably want to leave the Skeleton Key to be one of the last things you spend your emblems on.
    I can think of very few fights where the skeleton key would really be superior...the shield is miniscule (I think the satrina's/juggernauts are already pretty bad for clicks...and this thing is far worse), on the other hand almost every fight has at least SOME magic damage flying around. Satrinas is giving you like a 20% reduction on all of that for 10 seconds every minute, that's friggin hot.

I'm not really trying to say that the Skeleton Key should be your back up trinket. I'm just saying that when compared directly to Sindragosa's Fang on a melee damage fight, Skeleton Key wins by default. I will personally probably never get the Skeleton Key.

Unless there is just an immense Magic Damage nuke out there, why would we want one of our trinkets, which comes with either a large avoidance clicky, or a HP buff clickky, to have a magic resistance clicky?

Unless that trinket says, "this trinket will save your ass from any magic damage." Which it doesn't the resistance is only 10 seconds. What the hell would I trade 4k health clicky which applies to all damage, for a magic resist which will make it so I can gimp any magical damage for 10 seconds.

I'm sure I'll have it, and it will have it's uses, but I won't be throwing this in over my Skeleton Key.

You should really not care about any of those on use's you should worry about the static HP gain, and that leaves you with 1 Fang and the skeleton key.

You wont use 2 Fangs because of shared cool downs. and normal is the same Stamina as a skeleton key so that way you will have 2 on uses that really don't matter any how.

Any fight that will require you to have a cool down to live will probaly be well over a on use from a juggs so throw that out the window and use a SW/LS/GS/PS

Wow, I haven't seen that fang trinket before... Most fights have some type of magic damage, and with a 1min cooldown it seems pretty damn useful. On quite a few fights in ICC (esp heroic), it will be absolutely amazing.

If you have a satrina trinket already, I don't think it's a good idea to blow 60 of your first badges on the badge trinket. Gunship10 drops a trinket that's probably BiS by far for EH, you can always try for another satrina's scarab, and now it looks like sindragosa will also drop a stam trinket. I'd pass on the badge trinket for now if I were you. Plenty of other great items to spend badges on.

Gunship does not drop that trinket; it's a drop from Putricide 10.

Hmm, no wonder I haven't seen anyone with it then. But either way, putricide will be available in 2 weeks. I just don't think there's any huge rush to max out your stamina right now. There's no rush for pretty much any of the gear, but at least if you buy t10 or a badge armor piece it won't be replaced soon (if at all). The badge stamina trinket will be replaced.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 12-21-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    Hmm, no wonder I haven't seen anyone with it then. But either way, putricide will be available in 2 weeks. I just don't think there's any huge rush to max out your stamina right now. There's no rush for pretty much any of the gear, but at least if you buy t10 or a badge armor piece it won't be replaced soon (if at all). The badge stamina trinket will be replaced.
    I wont be replacing it, its 2nd BiS. Next to heroic Frang

/shrug

It's got like 12 more stam than the 258 scarab. At least for me, that means the other pieces are a bit more important to buy first. Just my opinion tho. The armor+stam trinket from 10man also seems like a good 2nd trinket along with the fang. It's something like 2200 (static) armor and a stacking stamina buff of 27x10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    /shrug

It's got like 12 more stam than the 258 scarab. At least for me, that means the other pieces are a bit more important to buy first. Just my opinion tho. The armor+stam trinket from 10man also seems like a good 2nd trinket along with the fang. It's something like 2200 (static) armor and a stacking stamina buff of 27x10.
    You'd pair a magic mitigation trinket with a physical mitigation trinket? Seems rather odd but there could be certain fights where this would be useful I guess.

I would imagine that for most fights I would want either fang + key or organ + key depending on the nature of the encounter.

Btw, I am not saying the key should be the first thing you buy with your emblems (it was not my first purchase either), but I think it is a very solid trinket with good versatility whereas the other ones we are talking about are more situational.

+ Reply to Thread