+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the tanking aspect!

New to the tanking aspect!

Hey guys,

started reading a lot of the threads and have seen some good advice, still need to put a lot of it in action yet, but I thought I would post my armory and have people look it over as far as talents etc. Since I just started my gear is terrible, but ideas on where to start tanking would be helpful(keeping in mind i'm green around the ears tanking wise). I have read a few threads on rotations so I think I kinda got the idea there. Only time will tell, thanks for any advice/tips in advance. Also, is rep a better idea in the beginning to get gear or just plain ol running dungeons? The World of Warcraft Armory

I would start by getting all the craftable gear or normal dungeon gear you can get your hands on. You'll be getting some tanking experience from running those normal mode dungeons as well. Cider made a nice guide a while back on a bunch of gear options to get to the magical number of 540 defense (535 for crit immunity in heroics) - which is made a lot easier now with epic gems. You can check that out here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...ear-guide.html

Once you have the defense I would suggest hitting the new LFG as a tank and running as many random heroics as possible. There's a dozen excellent upgrades for you with all 4 tiers of badges (heroism, valor, conquest and triumph). Keep upgrading your gear, and while you are doing so, you're getting even more experience at tanking in those heroics.

If you really aren't confident just going straight into random heroics, gather up a group of friends and run some things with them. It's a lot less stressful (sometimes even fun!) if you happen to wipe with a bunch of friends, than a group of strangers.

Best of luck, if you need some help with anything else or I missed something then just ask!
    Toblerone - Space Goat Warrior
    Chupachup - Space Goat Shaman

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Awesome, hey thx a lot guys

You need to redo your protection spec.

You need:
    Armored to the Teeth 3/3
    One handed weapon specialization 5/5
    Incite 3/3
    Focused rage

You don't need:
    Puncture 3/3 (Why spend 3 talent points on puncture, reducing rage cost on just 2 abilities when you can reduce the rage cost on ALL of your abilities by 3 points for the same cost with focused rage?)
    Disarm 1/2
    Safeguard
    Iron Will 3/3
    Improved disc. 2/2

And not for nothing, but you might want to throw some glyphs on there.

ok will do, Also more to show of my noobness Im not making the connection when people refer to EH (although it's probably something obvious) and I tried searching diminishing returns to better understand that as well, but kept running into threads that were completely off topic. Any threads you guys know of that might touch base with some of these?
    Last edited by downeypa; 12-17-2009 at 11:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread