+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice from experts :)

Need advice from experts :)

I was primarily a DPS (TG-Fury) warrior during Naxx/EoE days. So my previous tanking set was from left overs in 10 naxx. I took a break from WoW for about a year and have decided to switch to tanking. I've been farming Triumph emblems in the last 2 weeks and I've bought a good chunk of gear. I have yet to buy the T9 gloves - I will buy them tonight once I get 10 more emblems.

Here is my Armory. I need advice on how to get more expertise while getting more stam as well. I'm thinking of replacing the Repelling Charge trinket with The Black Heart trinket since my def. is 566.

I seem to keep aggro fine, so not sure if I NEED the extra expertise.

Also, the talents I haven't changed since the Naxx/EoE days, I'm thinking about trying the 15/3/53, but not sure if I should duck out of survivability yet.

I've been primarily tanking 5 man stuff, but would like to start doing 10 man heroics, especially ICC 10.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kilthoran; 12-16-2009 at 03:48 PM.

There is honestly no need for expertise, if you use a Shield Slam > Devastate rotation will spamming Heroic Strike you will be fine. All of your enchants and gems are fine, change your trinkets to the Black Heart and Glyph of Indomitability. Save the Repelling Charge and Icky's Rotting Thumb for Saurfang and Gunship Captain tanking.

The talent build looks good but take 2 points out of Improved Revenge and drop Glyph of Blocking, with those you can get Improved Disciplines and Glyph of Shield Wall.

Yea, My rotation seems to be fine as I'm keeping aggro well. I do rely on Shield slam, Revenge, devastate and HS for single target and TC/Shockwave for multi target.

I have Improved Disciplines already, so not sure what taking 2 points out of Improved Revenge would do me . Unless you were talking about the proposed talent tree, then duly noted

thanks

One question about Shield Wall and Armor.

As my armor reduces physical damage by over 60% and with shield wall now reducing damage by 40%. Does that make me immune to all physical hits for the 12 sec duration of shield wall?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilthoran View Post
    One question about Shield Wall and Armor.

As my armor reduces physical damage by over 60% and with shield wall now reducing damage by 40%. Does that make me immune to all physical hits for the 12 sec duration of shield wall?
    Those numbers are not cumulative. It just means you will take 40% less damage of the 40% dmg that is left after the initial damage has been lowered by 60%.

As far as expertise go, you don't need any to survive. Any up to 26 expertise is great tho, as it is a huge TPS upgrade. Best that you can do is start saving up several pieces and use them accordingly. If you are tanking a heroic, you need less stamina and equip more expertise/hit rating, if you are tanking a hard raid boss you wear more survivability.

+ Reply to Thread