+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior - 0/19/52

Prot Warrior - 0/19/52

Has anyone tried this spec out for a Protection Warrior?
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I've been doing mostly dungeons lately, so survivability isn't too big of a concern. I'm trying to maximize my aoe dps and threat. I tried the UA build, but was not getting good results at all, and frankly my dps actually went down. Deep wounds also doesn't seem to work too well. Perhaps I was doing it wrong, but the above spec seems pretty appealing and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts.

Thank you!

why would you work to get so far down fury for enrage, but then not pick up Improved defensive stance?

As a tank I'm fairly sure that you'll dodge/parry/block at least once every 12 seconds, which means you'd get a 10% enrage effect almost 100% of the time anyways.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0zidIzsGo

Is the spec you want with 2 floating points for you to decide what to put them in (improved disciplines for raid tanking, 2% more crit in fury, or 2% more block chance, whatever you like)

the UA build is NOT an aoe build, lacking shockwave and damage shield are major components to aoe threat.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 12-16-2009 at 11:58 AM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I totally missed that. However, I did try out the build I posted and seem to be getting 100+ additional dps when compared to Deep Wounds. I think it's because of the extra Cleave damage and the fact that I glyphed for it.

I'll take the points out of Enrage and see if I can tweak for a bit more dps.

Thanks!

Not only that, but you're severely gimping yourself on the parry talents (DEFLECTION). It is hard enough to get parry as it is, and when you do get some its value is severely diminished.

Can't do without the parry

Yea, you're right. I tweaked and stuck with 5% parry and the Cleave bonus.

I ended up going with this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Pretty solid dps and threat. Averaging around 2k if I'm trying.

If you're going for a more survival based setup but still want imp cleave why not try something like:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The 2 points in commanding presence you could move around between that, imp disciplines, and focused rage depending on what you need.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I think when I get dual spec and raid more I will go with that setup. For now, I'm not concerned with survivability at all since I'm only running heroics and the last spec I posted is working very well. Always wanted to reach 2k dps

Cleave spec is probably decent for heroics. In general I perfer the deep wounds spec though (also don't look at my secondary spec atm, it's an experiment I'm running).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

With that high damage sword of yours I'd imagine Deep Wounds would be amazing. I only have the Titanguard and another one that dropped from one of the new heroics that's 1.7sec delay so not too great for DW dmg.

+ Reply to Thread