+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weekly Christmas-Tree'd-Marmot

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on GHeal In 5 mans though, I see it very useful on H HoR. Serendipity x3, plus the glyphed PoH is a pug saver. Other then that, it really needs some work.

I think the spread of Holy Priest talents is becoming an issue. I'm not sure if you'd call the Holy tree "bloated" per se, but it can be hard to get all your talents working for you in one fight.

What I mean is that, sure, if you want the maximum effectiveness of gheal, you need to spend a lot of talent points that won't be used on any other spell, except in rare instances, but there are a lot of other talents that are there already or are heading that way. For most Priests, picking up Divine Fury and Improved healing means there's 8 talent points that will only be used when you actually cast greater heal (empowered healing also affects flash heal). For instance, I cast about as many Prayers of Healing currently as I cast greater heals. This means that my 3 talent points in serendipity see much less use than they got in Ulduar. Renew talents fall under the same category: you have to spend a lot of talent points that only get used by renew in order to maximize its effectiveness.

I think some of the problem is that there aren't many good choices to make in the first 4 tiers of Holy, but also that a lot of talents only apply to 1 or 2 spells. If those spells don't get used, you have a lot of wasted talent points. The early talents should apply to most or all of your healing spells, and you should only be forced to specialize towards one heal or the other once you get to deeper tiers.

As far as gheal goes, I like to keep Divine Fury, just for those times when I really *could* use just one or two gheals. Even if they're smaller and more expensive, it is still nice to have a big, fast heal in your pocket, ready to go just in case.
    Last edited by Knighterrant81; 12-18-2009 at 06:35 AM.

I have a question for Lore, in encounters where less then the 3 tanks people usually bring in 25mans are required, do you get your spare tanks to jump into dps specs or do you sub them out for other people?

My guild has us off spec as dps, but we don't have a super deep roster, and we find that bringing in our tanks to pick up pieces of gear work out better for our specific raid needs.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Bah. Lore needed to have a shot of blackened, smoking hair standing on end post electrocution.

Aliena, the "g" in Aegis is soft. Like "Aejis". Damned illogical English and its lack of respect for language rules.

But otherwise, great stuff!

Please, for the love of god tell me there's a "post your bear with a jetpack" thread!

Overall Greater Heal is worthless.... however I do have my haste base up to 573. With it this high and with raid buffs Greater Heal is under 2 seconds to cast and with no buffs it is 2.13 seconds to cast. I get tremendous throughput on heals. This is particularly helpful when fighting Deathbringer Saurfang and you are using two priests for healing. As you are raid healing and tank healing on this fight now that you pretty much have to use two tanks (one to each healer) since it was patched. Obviously mana management is an issue aside from the normal mana regeneration spells like Hymn of Hope (and its timing issues) as well shadow fiend you might have to rely on a druid innervate to get your through it. This is one of those few cases where Greater Heal can be of use provided you know how to get the most from it.

hi tankspot .. i love your vids and so and i have a question..
    Do you think like me?
    Icc is way way to easy
    its almost ridicules .
    Ppl that cant clear toc 10 clear icc easyer hehe--
    Peace out and Have a happy holliday

Quote Originally Posted by Stormen View Post
    hi tankspot .. i love your vids and so and i have a question..
    Do you think like me?
    Icc is way way to easy
    its almost ridicules .
    Ppl that cant clear toc 10 clear icc easyer hehe--
    Peace out and Have a happy holliday
    Personally I think ToC10 is harder.

ICC25 is much more logistically difficult, mostly just deathbringer saurfang.

Honestly, it could stand to be tuned up a little. Marrowgar, Deathwhisper and the Gunship fight are good introductory encounters, but a difficult raid should have one loot pinata, not three at the start. I do like the hectic nature of the first phase of Deathwhisper, though- it's very fun to tank.

If i were to do the tuning, I'd up the spike and whirlwind damage on Marrowgar by maybe 10%. Probably add a second mob spawn in the back on deathwhisper P1, and increase the number and frequency of spirit spawns on phase two. I dunno what I'd do to Gunship, except require that you send at least five druids in bear form across.
    DBS, I'd probably make each bloodbeast pack contain five after the 30% frenzy, instead of four. Either that or tighten the enrage by a minute.

Either way, darksend was right, thank god for this patch. So tired of ToC >.<

Bluetracker where?

I know it is said that disc priests are tank and holy are raid healers and for good reason, but after seeing a holy/shadow DPS hybrid I started to wonder if it would be possible to run a holy/disc healer hybrid to allow a holy priest a little bit more tank healing. I will admit that after playing around with the talents it doesn't look hopeful, but I was wondering if there was anything that I had missed?

A lot of Holy's raid healing talents come in near the bottom of the tree (Improved Prayers & Circle of healing). As well as a lot of Disc's Tank healing abilities near the bottom (Devine Aegis, Pain Supression, PENANCE)

so I don't think it would end to well. Although I'm not much of a professional priest, since I don't even have one at 80.

Edit - Tried making a spec, just seems odd, and leans more towards disc anyways.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxcbuhhVRIccboZfv0ccMq
    Last edited by Lakshata; 02-19-2010 at 07:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread