+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage pvp, arena help plz

Mage pvp, arena help plz

im speced into arcane and fire tree, i mainly rely on my instant casts to pvp with a few long casts in between. and i was wondering what should i focus on, have sp and more haste or more crit rating?

If you want to get serious in arena you'll have to spec frost.
    Something along those lines: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Go for SP and Haste.

If you really want to pvp with your arcane fire spec I think you should go for spellpower and crit.

What he said. Frost is the way to go. I'm not saying it's impossible to do good with arcane or fire in arena, because I've seen it work quite well, but usually arcane and frost mages are free kills in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    What he said. Frost is the way to go. I'm not saying it's impossible to do good with arcane or fire in arena, because I've seen it work quite well, but usually arcane and frost mages are free kills in arena.
    you mean fire and arcane.
    both fire and arcane have major issues with survivability. I personally don't like frost for pvp. if you are going to do pvp with arcane you should be fairly close to the arcane pve deep arcane with icy viens taking the survivability talents instead of damage dealing talents from the arcane tree. (some of them). Youll also want to stack haste and spellpower as well as spirit or mp5 because you will be using your mana shield a lot and you will end up oom if you get focused.
    The actual biggest problem with fire and arcane for pvp is the gear isn't properly itemized for it. both fire and arcane need a decent amount of regeneration to be useful because of mana shield. If you don't use mana shield you'll just get gibbed. for bgs I would just suggest using whatever your pve spec is and suck up the shitty survivability because bgs are more fun as fire and arcane and you'll probably have a bigger effect on the game but for arena you should def be frost unless you are extrodinarily talented at playing mage which if you are asking for help your probably not THAT good (no offense).

+ Reply to Thread