+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Our Warrior Tank. . . . ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Isn't every idiot uniformed? I would think the definition of being an idiot is basically someone that is just uniformed. The question is whether they prefer to stay that way or learn from their and other's mistakes
    Ooh, more Poke-fun-at-Squirrelnut...

Methinks you didn't intended to insult uniformed people like military/police/fire/etc., nor to imply you can spot an idiot based on their clothing (they wear regular clothes, y'know).

But they might be uninformed, yes.

32k is pretty low for the content he does have access to. I see ToGC/10 gear on him and he's bought the right triumph pieces so far. So it's not like he has no idea what he's doing.

That said, he really needs to farm up emblems to get a new belt (don't care if he's waiting for Jaraxxus to drop it). And even if he uses cheap gems they should all have stamina on them, my tank set is comprised of purple, green and blue gems. I'm ocd about matching socket bonuses but I still stack the stamina. If he's really diligent he could farm emblems to get Crusader's Orbs, save up some titansteel and get the Saronite Swordbreakers/Breastplate of the White Knight crafted too. I'd lean towards the wrists if I were him.

Two avoidance trinkets would be fine if he could get his HP somewhere else, but since he can't. He really needs to get the black heart, get a group and farm the place. Bring an enchanter so you'll walk away with a ton of shards to stock up the gbank or whatnot. Good for the tank, good for the guild.

Since he's using a TBC shoulder enchant I'll assume he has no Hodir rep. That's fine, the honor shoulder enchant is plenty good for him. And if he hates to pvp all those stone keeper shards he has can be traded in for honor at wintergrasp.

Pet peeve: I don't get why people insist on suggesting tanks 'go get brewfest trinkets' when brewfest has been over for 2 months.

I'd agree with Squirrel on a few points, but I'd keep the agility enchant, Eh+armor+HP+dodge+crit > 225 armor or 16 Def especially when he's way over the cap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Isn't every idiot uniformed?
    I hate to inform you that they aren't all uniformed otherwise it would be easier to avoid them

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Pet peeve: I don't get why people insist on suggesting tanks 'go get brewfest trinkets' when brewfest has been over for 2 months.
    Use the time travel feature, noob! Or wait 10 months if you have to! YOU HAVE TO GET THE BREWFEST TRINKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicyco View Post
    I'd agree with Squirrel on a few points, but I'd keep the agility enchant, Eh+armor+HP+dodge+crit > 225 armor or 16 Def especially when he's way over the cap anyway.
    Suicyo, I would encourage you to actually work out how much armor, dodge and crit 22 agility gives you as an 80 warrior, and re-compare with 225 armor. Please post your work if you still believe it is worth it.

Also, agility gives no Heath Points (HP).

Quote Originally Posted by orlastud View Post
    As raiders, you can be expected to shell out massive amounts of materials and cash for minor upgrades.

For instance, if i told you that i could sell you an item or enchant that is better than what you are currently using in every way by only a slight bit, but it would cost you 5kg, would you buy it? I know I would, because it would benefit the raid and increase our ability to succeed.
    It depends on the level at which you play. A thousand-dollar putter is de rigueur if you're playing in the Master's, but a hundred-dollar putter is probably sufficient if you're a serious amateur and if you're a duffer like me who still misses two-foot putts, a five-dollar putter from Wal-Mart is unlikely to cramp your style.

Also, assuming that you don't have unlimited free time and unlimited funds, there is an opportunity cost to spending lots of time and/or money on tiny upgrades. I provide more utility by having a 90% main and a bunch of 80% alts than by having a 99% main and a bunch of 50% alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I'm thinking an idiot is more like someone who is unable to become informed. Because they are idiots.
    There are very few people (not counting the legitimately handicapped) that are actually unable to become informed. Those who seem to be 'un-informable' are usually just aholes not idiots lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suicyco View Post
    I agree with Insahnity here. 225 armor is WAY better imo.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Use the time travel feature, noob! Or wait 10 months if you have to! YOU HAVE TO GET THE BREWFEST TRINKETS
    Was there another remote that dropped off Direbrew I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Use the time travel feature, noob! Or wait 10 months if you have to! YOU HAVE TO GET THE BREWFEST TRINKETS!

Suicyo, I would encourage you to actually work out how much armor, dodge and crit 22 agility gives you as an 80 warrior, and re-compare with 225 armor. Please post your work if you still believe it is worth it.

Also, agility gives no Heath Points (HP).

For Warriors tanking in a 5-man party: 1 Agility = 2 Strength = .33 Stamina = .25% Crit. = .07% Dodge = .07% Parry = 4 Attack Power = 10 Armor = 0.25 DPS = 4 Shield Block = 1 Weapon Skill = 4 Health bonus

This info was shared with me a little while ago and all points may not be valid anymore with the nerf to agility as far as dodge and armor is concerned. I believe the return on agility to armor is 2 to 1. 22 ag = 44 armor (at least on my pali it is) and the dodge return is considerably less. But I'm not sure as to warrior talents that may or may not increase agility returns.

You can do the math from here.

Just to followup, We've taken everyones advice here. If you look at his armory I think you'll be impressed with the changes this thread precipitated.

The World of Warcraft Armory

He raid buffed last Thursday to right around 45,000. . . and he still only has 1 stam trinket. We regemmed everything but his pants/legs, which are his 2 weakest spots. . . he will have those upgraded by Christmas. We selected the Parry/Stam gem to keep his meta active. And I think the enchants are properly done. . . Though he got +Def on his cloak (I assumed that was more valuable than 225 armor). . . however, seeing the math above I think he should change that to the armor enchant...

The last real question I have here is in regards to socket bonuses. . . . His helm is the particular item in question. Somewhere I read that you should socket for Stam unless the socket bonus was +12 or more stam. In theory does this hold true? Should he drop the Yellow gem in his helm and change it to Blue Stam? Or is there a better gem for that Yellow socket than + Def?

Thanks again for all the help! Your knowledge and willingness to inform are greatly appreciated.

For a yellow gem, he can use a +15 Stamin/10 defense rating gem. that way, he's getting a total of 27 stamina (with the socket bonus), as well as 10 defense rating. It ends up being a trade of 3 stamina for 10 defense rating, which is generally considered worthwhile.

Good changes, btw, but he really needs to replace that enchant on his shoulder with either the Sons of Hodir one, or the PvP one.

+ Reply to Thread