+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Has tanking made you mean

H HoR. Tanking in the hallway while the others hug the door.
    Warlock: wtf we not hiding? You're so going to wipe us
    Me: I won't. Just hug the door and don't aoe till the marked mob dies and no one will be harmed.
    <starts event>
    <door closes...with all but the healer BEHIND it>
    Warlock: Yeah, GREAT strategy, mr tank, you killed us all

... Yeah, and people wonder why we get rough.

Closing doors:
    Killing groups in WotLK since Violet Hold. Scratch that, Azjol'Nerub.

It's also nice when people manage to get trapped behind the ice wall in the gauntlet.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Dude,who is stupid enough to not be able to tell the side of a door?
    It got better when we reached arthas and he said "let's glitch it"
    I said "no"

Warlock: wtf we can't do this without the glitch
    Me: We can. The practical gains of that method are so small I won't cheat for that.
    Warlock: Dude, our dps sucks, we can't do it the right way
    Healer: We can.
    <starts event and runs halfway to the first wall>
    Warlock:wtf i thought we were glitching it
    Proceeded his extensive swearing for the next three waves, and when we won, and got the speed unkill(averaging 8k dps spread over 3 dps and me), healer said "I told you so". I said "I told you so", and the warlock said "you fucking fail, moron"

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    I
    Yesterday while getting my 2 frost badges I had a runin with a special kind of idiot.
    I have the following picture just so I can have a laugh at those people...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Thankfully all of my alts have tanking roles/sets of some sort so when I still played I can't say I ran into this issue much.
    >8< Spider Pride!
    Dr D. L. Kazzak wins a Nobel Prize for his discovery that indeed, all mortals will perish.

Tanking didn't make me mean, I've always hated everyone equally
    The most stressful, yet provides the most gratification..
    Tanking <3

Quote Originally Posted by Aaesop View Post
    Tanking didn't make me mean, I've always hated everyone equally
    Tanking doesn't make me mean, wisdom and knowledge and dealing with those daily who lack a metric ton of it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Tanking doesn't make me mean, wisdom and knowledge and dealing with those daily who lack a metric ton of it has.
    ^

Anyone who works with the government, keeps up with polotics, or pays taxes on a regular basis cannot possibly get any more jaded, angry, or dissillusioned with the world than they already are.

Sadly i'm all three of those, so tanking for bads is a drop in the bucket. (wtb a private sector job)

I am an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman240 View Post
    I have big control issues (says my therapists, friends, family and ex gfs) and this is like a painting of me!
    In Pre-Bc I played a shaman and still to this day I keep him up to date on gear, I also have a Disc/Holy priest as well. However when BC hit I rerolled my warrior and have been tanking ever since, tbo I have 4 total warriors now, shame they're not 50's women in the kitchen! Anywho, I've tanked all content since and for some reason the title of this thread just pulled me in. I HATE DOING ANY PUGS! This game is not fun when we wipe and I have to pay repairs cause I don't do daily's nor do I farm anything. However with Blizzards latest plot to ensure all progression guild memebers at least log on once a day to "Be my best" (Joss Whedon) with farming frost emblems, I finde that my inner "a$$hole" seems to show through. I compare it to babysitting for a neighbor, you know, kids you have no attachment to and wouldn't care much if they died along the way. (exagerated point) But I chain pull, and by chain pull I mean Bloodrage run in thunderclap(shield bash a caster if nessasary), charge next group, (spell reflct if nessasary), intercept next, shield block and then aoe the shit. But I still seem to get the morons in the group that like to show thier lack of understanding of game mechanics. Which now brings me to the point, Why is it that morons have to play this game to, can we lobby Blizzard to issue a aptitude test in order to qualify people to play WOW.

Xecutie
    Last edited by Dominataur; 01-19-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominataur View Post
    In Pre-Bc I played a shaman and still to this day I keep him up to date on gear, I also have a Disc/Holy priest as well. However when BC hit I rerolled my warrior and have been tanking ever since, tbo I have 4 total warriors now, shame they're not 50's women in the kitchen! Anywho, I've tanked all content since and for some reason the title of this thread just pulled me in. I HATE DOING ANY PUGS! This game is not fun when we wipe and I have to pay repairs cause I don't do daily's nor do I farm anything. However with Blizzards latest plot to ensure all progression guild memebers at least log on once a day to "Be my best" (Joss Whedon) with farming frost emblems, I finde that my inner "a$$hole" seems to show through. I compare it to babysitting for a neighbor, you know, kids you have no attachment to and wouldn't care much if they died along the way. (exagerated point) But I chain pull, and by chain pull I mean Bloodrage run in thunderclap(shield bash a caster if nessasary), charge next group, (spell reflct if nessasary), intercept next, shield block and then aoe the shit. But I still seem to get the morons in the group that like to show thier lack of understanding of game mechanics. Which now brings me to the point, Why is it that moron have to play this game to, can we lobby Blizzard to issue a aptitude test in order to qualify people to play WOW.

Xecutie
    Pulling more than one group, especially with the zigchargezag, is not very common. Did you TELL your groupies about it?

Deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Pulling more than one group, especially with the zigchargezag, is not very common. Did you TELL your groupies about it?
    I think most tanks spam macros to advise the party of their heroic chain pulling tactics. I don't know I kinda new to tanking you see with only a few warriors, but you do bring up a good point about the "groupies" as you call it, I call them party members myself.
    Xecutie
    Last edited by Dominataur; 01-19-2010 at 03:47 PM.

I've never created a macro to state that I'm gonna pull fast or otherwise, and this is the first I've heard of one being used. I generally just type it out if the group looks good, and make sure everyone says "sure" before I move forward with it.

Remember, there was a thread that existed shortly ago about slow/fast pulling? It all hinges on the ability of your group. if you're pulling so fast that dps can't burn it down in a timely manner, you're going to fast, if you're pulling so fast, your healer can't keep you up, you're going to fast. if you're pulling so fast, you can't hold aggro on everything, you're pulling too fast. So modifying it based on the group and comfortability of players especially in LFG random groups where some people are fresh 80s with greens/blues, you may want to temper your ability to LOLROFLSTOMP an instance by bum rushing through it and causing a wipe.

1 wipe is all it takes to make the "lol speed run" become slower than a regular paced run.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I always start off trying to be kind, and alter my attitude accordingly, I say the kill order ect and proceed to set pace.

Then as the dumbass players start making their comments/mistakes I might get a little....stressed

For instance today I zoned into nexus, had no fear break for the commander so pulled him into the far corner, warning thr group, the ret pala and elemental shaman both start DPS immediately and I use pretty much every cooldown to get them back to me in the corner, the paladin then types in caps whilst walking backwars 'AGGROO' so I explain to him what happened, to which he expresses 'lol maybe you should pull faster then' (he also afked the first trash groups) he was doing 1.5k dps in tier 9, its these kind of comments+situations that really turn me from nice into a raging stress machine, and they are so common unfortunately.

The majority are usually nice and follow the marks, and we get a good quick easy run, but the bad experiences really bring out the worst :\

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post

1 wipe is all it takes to make the "lol speed run" become slower than a regular paced run.
    THIS. Emphasized as hard as I can. And then some. Speed pull lovers tend to forget not everyone in the group can play at their pace. If others can't keep up, it can and will cause wipes. And maybe that person is suck or fail or undergear or whatever, maybe not; but either way you've now wiped and wasted everyone's time instead of moving to a pace that will work for teh whole group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    This. A million times this. I pull whatever the group (and I, considering that group) can handle. I absolutely will put on /ignore any tank who thinks 'hurry up and wipe' is fun.

Also, 'chain pull' does not mean 'move the pile down the hall every two seconds'.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Also, 'chain pull' does not mean 'move the pile down the hall every two seconds'.
    That 'method' of tanking is amazingly annoying.

Pull what you are going to pull. Put in one spot. Kill it. THEN move.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    ^^ Agreed. It's sooo much smoother to kill a group or 2 before moving on.

I tried to teach a recruit warlock to tank tonight (10man blood prince).

That made me mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    I tried to teach a recruit warlock to tank tonight (10man blood prince).

That made me mean.
    Did he bring a shield?

As of lately I'm entering the tool as fury specced. It took me 4 or 5 days to fight the urge to don my shield and bash stuff(foremostly the respective "tanks"). It can be a lesson in patience.
    I once had this tool who tanked in mostly(overgeared) ret stuff in one of the Utgardes. Typical chain puller. He pulled three groups of mobs which proceeded to surround him. Now I don't know if you knew before but mobs(a lot of them) in your back are killers. I had to group fear them in order to save his bacon.
    Still, you can't argue with a tank doing 6k DPS.

Why has every tank a different line thru the penultimate HoL room? I always take the "my groupies might be morons" route ascending over the left hand ridge with a short bivouak in the central plateau. Other tanks take their groups straight into the death zone where one party member plummeting to his death will spell doom for the entire expedition. Many bold attempts to the pinnacle have been thwarted by follies like these.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I usually take the right, preferably taking both packs of dwarves on the side to skip the patrol (also helps you see which ranged DPS has situational awareness), then the dwarves/giant pack, then patrol, then last 2 contructs. Move down and pull pat when needed, then only 1 giant and off to boss.

I might not be familiar with all the 45643 ways of going through this room, but as DPS or healer I'll be damn smart enough to stay close to the tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread